+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Create a new express entry profile after withdrawing a PR application

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi. A friend of mine is also in a similar situation. he request for a withdrawal through webform but didn't not submit the signed letter. he decided to cancel the withdrawal and called IRCC. An agent helped him put a note a his profile that says he wish to cancel the withdrawal. However, he was also told that a signed letter is also needed to cancel the withdrawal. He then summited a signed letter to explain the reason . 2 months later his eligibility is passed. Did you get any official reply that mentions the cancellation has been accepted? he is worried because he did not receive any reply afterwards
Sorry for the late reply as I just saw your message!

I ordered GCMS notes, on which I found a note confirming that my withdrawal request was canceled and they continued the processing of my application after that note by MEP & BIL. Then one month after giving my biometrics, my eligibility was passed.

Hope this information is helpful!

vivek.user12

May 24, 2024
I have withdrawn my application 15 days back and I received an acknowledgment after 2 days of submitting the letter saying that they have send the withdrawal request to the respective visa office.

recently I contacted the ircc support and the agent said it may take up to 16 weeks to complete the request and refund the amount and if you want to reapply the new application you can do it anytime and not required to wait until the request to complete.

But I’m bit confused that can I reapply or not because many forums says to wait the application to complete the withdrawal process and reapply.

please advise

PR2024-25

Sep 13, 2024
I have withdrawn my application 15 days back and I received an acknowledgment after 2 days of submitting the letter saying that they have send the withdrawal request to the respective visa office.

recently I contacted the ircc support and the agent said it may take up to 16 weeks to complete the request and refund the amount and if you want to reapply the new application you can do it anytime and not required to wait until the request to complete.

But I’m bit confused that can I reapply or not because many forums says to wait the application to complete the withdrawal process and reapply.

please advise
Hi! Did your application get withdrawn? How long did it take?