+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cr8 pr resident card renewel

dnounou

Dec 25, 2023
If anybody has an idea about the late of pr resident card renewel?

Me and my two sun's we didn't renew our cr8 pr residents card since 2010 .. (cr8 is a code for refugee permenant residents).

My two sun's when they got their cr8 pr resident cards in 2005 they were under age I mean under 18 years old..now they are 26 and 27 years old they are adults.

The question is could they loose their cr8 permenant residents because they are adults now ?

Me and my two sun's never left canada going back to our country of origin or issuing a passport from the embassy of our country of origin we respected the fact and the conditions of refugee board..
Because we are refugees permenant residents..

Can we apply for citizenship without new cards ?

Can I apply to renew my permenant resident card and for citizenship separately because they are not under age now?

Do immigration canada will accept to renew our cards after the late of 13 years..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If anybody has an idea about the late of pr resident card renewel?

Me and my two sun's we didn't renew our cr8 pr residents card since 2010 .. (cr8 is a code for refugee permenant residents).

My two sun's when they got their cr8 pr resident cards in 2005 they were under age I mean under 18 years old..now they are 26 and 27 years old they are adults.

The question is could they loose their cr8 permenant residents because they are adults now ?

Me and my two sun's never left canada going back to our country of origin or issuing a passport from the embassy of our country of origin we respected the fact and the conditions of refugee board..
Because we are refugees permenant residents..

Can we apply for citizenship without new cards ?

Can I apply to renew my permenant resident card and for citizenship separately because they are not under age now?

Do immigration canada will accept to renew our cards after the late of 13 years..
I'm not sure I understand everything you wrote above in terms of your questions but:

-none of you need a permanent resident card, it is perfectly fine that you have simply not renewed them.

-If you and your sons have been living in Canada and have not left, got issuance of new passports or used your passports from country of origin or visited your country of origin, you can:
- continue to live in Canada and not worry.
-apply for a new PR card whenever you wish - do allow time for it to be processed.
-same with applying for a refugee travel document /certificate of identity.
-same with applying for citizenship.

Obviously the requirements of each must be met (eg language and citizenship test, filing for taxes for citizenship, etc).

You can do all three simultaneously / in parallel or not, as you wish. There's no obvious advantage to doing any of these in any particular order. As you are all adults, each has to apply in their own right.

Good luck, let others know how it goes, and happy holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpenabill

dnounou

Dec 25, 2023
I'm not sure I understand everything you wrote above in terms of your questions but:

-none of you need a permanent resident card, it is perfectly fine that you have simply not renewed them.

-If you and your sons have been living in Canada and have not left, got issuance or used your passports from country of origin, you can:
- continue to live in Canada and not worry.
-apply for a new PR card whenever you wish - do allow time for it to be processed.
-same with applying for a refugee travel document /certificate of identity.
-same with applying for citizenship.

Obviously the requirements of each must be met (eg language and citizenship test, filing for taxes for citizenship, etc).

You can do all three simultaneously / in parallel or not, as you wish. There's no obvious advantage to doing any of these in any particular order. As you are all adults, each has to apply in their own right.

Good luck, let others know how it goes, and happy holidays.