+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence - next, Call to CIC or RE-ENTRY Canada

Fvargas

Jun 30, 2010
Hi everyone.
I received a CPR Document last friday 5th November 2010. In the instructions document they explain that ¨if you are already in Canada and have temporary resident status, you have two choices. Obtain a permanent resident status in Canada, calling to CIC´s call centre and arrange an appointment with Citizenship and Immigration Office nearest to your place. Or the other choice is leaving Canada and re-entering at port of entry and you must present your passport and CPR to the Canada Border Services Agency Officer¨.

In my case, I applied and got my CPR within Canada. But, while I was doing my PR process, my temporary resident status expired but applied for a Restoration of Status. I´ve got a Implied Status but I have not received any answer yet about my Restoration, but last week I´ve got the CPR and visa IM-1 Immigrant (expire August 23-2011).

These are my questions:

- Should I call to CIC´s call centre and arranged an appointment or leave Canada and re-entry to obtain my permanent resident status and applied to my PR Card?

- Could I leave Canada for a couple weeks, go to my country and when I come back obtain my permanent resident status?

- Should I apply for a travel document (permanent resident abroad)?

Thanks for any answers and I´ll appreciate any advice and help.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You can still call the call center agent, but, as by going to a border crossing to land will be much quicker, because local office appointment can be a very long wait.

Congrats and good luck. Which Office did you go through? Mine is Seattle and they have my passport from september until today.

Fvargas

Jun 30, 2010
Hi Kemeshia.
Thanks for your answer.
I sent my passport and 3 photos in October 22th, 2010 to Canada General Consulate Office in Fort Erie, Ontario, because my address is in Canada. They returned me the passport and CPR, November 5th, 2010. Now, just I´ll decide as soon as if I call to CIC call centre or leave Canada and re-entry and obtain my permanent resident status finally!

I´ll take in to account your advice and I hope everything going well in your process.