Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
That's the ideal world and we don't live in one. While it is difficult having to wait, some steps in the process can not be skipped. A new political party can't change this either. Any foreign national must pass background checks and depending on where you are from, have lived or visited in the past 10 years or since your 18th birthday, it could be years for the process to be complete. Should the gov't waive this step or rush it simply because two people are in love? I don't think so and any Canadian citizen shouldn't want this either.
The inner workings of CIC will remain a mystery becaue it is priviledged information(i.e. on a need to know basis). Even the results of the security check remains classified.
Would you please give me a break! Do you think that is the real reason for the huge backlog and the long waitings? If so why straightforward cases with no international history or anything takes > 14months. They are calling each one of the applicant's family and running these security and background checks themselves! I don't want to argue again So please let us not open this conversation

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
sigh
I sure hope your spouse lands soon Dr eng.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Just a little perspective for the complainers - remember the pre-June 2008 applicants on this forum who have waited 5, 6, 8 years and had their hopes dashed when the gov't passed a new bill to erase the backlog. Have you been waiting that long? I didn't think so, so buckle up for the long ride(like the rest of us) and put on your big boy panties. :-X You also have a choice to move wherever your wife lives since the Canadian gov't is so so bad and mean and blah blah blah.

Before the Conservatives came to power, we had the Liberals - did you happen to apply for any immigration services during their reign to actually compare? I did under both gov'ts and can tell you that it's the same bureaucracy.

Dr Eng X said:
Would you please give me a break! Do you think that is the real reason for the huge backlog and the long waitings? If so why straightforward cases with no international history or anything takes > 14months. They are calling each one of the applicant's family and running these security and background checks themselves! I don't want to argue again So please let us not open this conversation

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lunas said:
sigh
I sure hope your spouse lands soon Dr eng.
Thanks, wish you fast processing each gets what they wish for...

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
SenoritaBella said:
Just a little perspective for the complainers - remember the pre-June 2008 applicants on this forum who have waited 5, 6, 8 years and had their hopes dashed when the gov't passed a new bill to erase the backlog. Have you been waiting that long? I didn't think so, so buckle up for the long ride(like the rest of us) and put on your big boy panties. :-X You also have a choice to move wherever your wife lives since the Canadian gov't is so so bad and mean and blah blah blah.

Before the Conservatives came to power, we had the Liberals - did you happen to apply for any immigration services during their reign to actually compare? I did under both gov'ts and can tell you that it's the same bureaucracy.
Can we know your timeline so we get a better perspective? You seem to have a lot of knowledge from only registering on this site in january...do you work for a government agency?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Dr Eng X said:
Personally, I think it has more to do with the government laying off the employees in attempt to get our country out of debt. I'm not AGREEING with what they are doing, that's just what I think is going on. Look how many offices they closed, and then closed all of the ones in Canada to the public. You can bet your buttons that they are laying off employees and the ones who haven't been laid off are getting double or triple their workloads. Plus I'm sure the employees are also in a muddle due to Buffalo closing and files going to LA or staying in Ottawa. Or going to Seattle or Detroit etc. Patience is a virtue, truer words have not been spoken. Yes I'm impatient and yes I'm annoyed. But I also am learning a big lesson in patience, something I think will help me later in life.

My two cents.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
Can we know your timeline so we get a better perspective? You seem to have a lot of knowledge from only registering on this site in january...do you work for a government agency?
:) LOL! keep in mind the way facts are twisted, just like those ?/*\? politians

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
Personally, I think it has more to do with the government laying off the employees in attempt to get our country out of debt. I'm not AGREEING with what they are doing, that's just what I think is going on. Look how many offices they closed, and then closed all of the ones in Canada to the public. You can bet your buttons that they are laying off employees and the ones who haven't been laid off are getting double or triple their workloads. Plus I'm sure the employees are also in a muddle due to Buffalo closing and files going to LA or staying in Ottawa. Or going to Seattle or Detroit etc.

My two cents.
Totally right, that is part of the big picture!!

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
Dr Eng X, you've taken this discussion to a personal level, attacking and accusing individuals who've merely offered a different perspective from yours. You appear to be woefully ignorant of the facts of the matter concerning various previous governments, how they handled immigration, as well as their propensity to engage in extremely suspect activity in many other spheres. The issue you and I and our spouses are facing has very little to do with which political party is in power at any given time. As members of my family have previously sponsored four individuals, under a different political party than that which now sits in power, I assure you, this is not *simply* a political issue. Also, I have intimate inside knowledge of the corrupt goings on in previous Liberal Cabinet Ministers' offices, so please, rather than turn this into a Conservative bashing rant, understand the situation for what it is, a bureaucratic issue which has relatively little to do with whomever is in power at any given time. As I suggested previously, we're all in this boat together, so let's remember to stick to the topic at hand and not rant at fellow traveller's in frustration.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
apstone said:
Hey Creampop, I just noticed we have the same application received date. Your timeline shows that you got your RPRF. I can't remember if your ECAS changed or not? I submitted both fees with my initial application, but have not had my ECAS change from application received.

For anybody....does your status being changed to in process really provide any timeline for when you will receive PPR? Outside of requesting documents, etc, if you have already paid RPRF with your initial application, is there any point of contact between us and CPP-O in between the time they receive our applications and when they request passports? Besides trying to email them or request GCMS notes, is there any way to actually check the status of your application?
No E-CAS doesn't reflect the RPRF so no it did not change, but heck I changed my mailing address awhile back and it still hasn't changed. Atleast CIC mailed my the receipt from paying the fee online LOL. My Husband purposely didn't send the RPRF, he had read on this forum that there was no communication other then automatic replies, had been told and had read on their website that RPRF was part of the last step. we have a straight forward case and I know EVERYONE thinks they do but we have 13 years, 2 children, 100's of border crossing and my passport red-flags, I know they are supposed to be bad but, in my case I think the prove our relationship more. we have waited years for this by our choice so he figured another month or so of waiting wouldn't kill us (he is the most patient man in the world LOL) he said atleast we'd know our case was moving...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creampop said:
No E-CAS doesn't reflect the RPRF so no it did not change, but heck I changed my mailing address awhile back and it still hasn't changed. Atleast CIC mailed my the receipt from paying the fee online LOL. My Husband purposely didn't send the RPRF, he had read on this forum that there was no communication other then automatic replies, had been told and had read on their website that RPRF was part of the last step. we have a straight forward case and I know EVERYONE thinks they do but we have 13 years, 2 children, 100's of border crossing and my passport red-flags, I know they are supposed to be bad but, in my case I think the prove our relationship more. we have waited years for this by our choice so he figured another month or so of waiting wouldn't kill us (he is the most patient man in the world LOL) he said atleast we'd know our case was moving...
Don't worry. I see cases with children are processed faster in Otttawa. Regarding, ecase it takes time to update it so don't worry as well.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there an ignore button? I read some non sense before. I don't want more frustrations...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No, I don't work for a gov't agency and you don't have to work for one to know there is bureaucracy in gov't and nothing you can do about it, even if you get angry.lol You can order your GCMS notes for your PR application in the future and try to understand them. You can tell roughly how long your security and criminal checks took. As for my timeline, all I will say is I am through with the immigration process for the time being but I just felt compelled to add some perspective to dispell some of the wild conspiracy theories floating here. Some people do believe that stuff but it's important for new Canadians to actually understand how things work in their adopted country and not to fall for such. Have a good upcoming week!

cgagnon said:

WaterDad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
AOR Received.
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made-- 01/12/2012
SenoritaBella said:
No, I don't work for a gov't agency and you don't have to work for one to know there is bureaucracy in gov't and nothing you can do about it, even if you get angry.lol You can order your GCMS notes for your PR application in the future and try to understand them. You can tell roughly how long your security and criminal checks took. As for my timeline, all I will say is I am through with the immigration process for the time being but I just felt compelled to add some perspective to dispell some of the wild conspiracy theories floating here. Some people do believe that stuff but it's important for new Canadians to actually understand how things work in their adopted country and not to fall for such. Have a good upcoming week!
I call shenanigans! That is a great "non-answer" answer. You have to work for the government! :D

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Dr Eng X said:
Don't worry. I see cases with children are processed faster in Otttawa. Regarding, ecase it takes time to update it so don't worry as well.
I think that the children processing times is regarding foreign adoptions... it's the most reasonable reason I can think of why they would have separate timelines for them.