+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country Specific Instructions HELP

MJ90210

Mar 1, 2014
My wife is Pakistani National but she has been living in Saudi arabia for all her life, she is still currently living in saudi arabia.

Do I have to follow requirement of Country Specific Instructions IMM3907 (For Pakistan) or IMM 3911 (For Saudi Arabia) ?

In addition, we went to Panel Physician to get her medical in Saudi Arabia to which the hospital replied we need a registration # which we did not have, at the end she concluded that immigration canada will send you a # based on which you will then come do the medical test. However, one of the checklist requirement is proof of medical examination through a panel physician ? Should I tell them I need it to start my application, or should I get it done in pakistan ?

Who decides where my application is processed to, Isalamabad or Abu-Dhabhi.

Thanks friends for any support.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I'm certainly no expert, but in looking over the guides, the guide that includes Pakistan (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf) has a lot of information specifically for Pakistani nationals. As your wife is a Pakistani national, I would assume that is the correct guide to use. It is a bit hard to be sure, though, as the web page directs you to country-specific guides based on "where you live," but with all the specifics for "Pakistani Nationals" and none in the 3911 guide for "Saudi residents," I'm betting it's the Pakistan guide. (Hopefully there will be others with more specific who can help!)

I believe she can request the VO that handles either Saudi Arabia (Abu Dhabi) OR Pakistan (London). CIC can use the VO you requested, or they can decide that the other one is more appropriate. London appears to be the faster of the two.

As for the doctor, you can get it done in Pakistan, or Saudi Arabia, or any other country, as long as you use a CIC panel physician. Both guides state that an up-front medical exam is required as part of the application. You will need to find a doctor who understands that they must give you the exam before you apply so you can include proof as part of your application.