+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couldn't furnish passports to Consulate within the alloted 60 days

SumeetC

Oct 25, 2012
Hi There,

This is in reference to Parents Sponsorship.

Upon completion of the processing at Ottawa we were advised to submit my parents passports to High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, India within 60 days.

Unfortunately we weren't able to submit the passports as they are with the US consulate in India for US Visitor Visa processing. We are still trying to track these down and get them back.

I sent an email to Ottpilot-immigration@cici.gc.ca on the 60th day that we won't be able turn in the passports. Since then I have not heard anything back from the Ottawa. Back in May Ottpilot was responding to my queries within 24-48 hour period. It's been almost over a week now and I still haven't heard anything back.

Should I take any further action on this? Or, should I patiently wait for a response from Ottawa? In the meantime if I receive the passports back from US Consulate, should I try to submit these to the Canadian High Commission? Although, the original letter which is to be attached to the passports states that the same have to be submitted within 60 day period from the date of the letter.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sumeet

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Honestly, it was pretty silly to wait until the absolute last day to send them a message. You should have informed them of the situation well before the 60th day; CIC is usually understanding about stuff like that and would have advised you of your options.

Send them another email titled 'Urgent'. Also, I advise you to contact your MP and ask them to inquire to CIC on your behalf.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
SumeetC said:
Hi There,

This is in reference to Parents Sponsorship.

Upon completion of the processing at Ottawa we were advised to submit my parents passports to High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, India within 60 days.

Unfortunately we weren't able to submit the passports as they are with the US consulate in India for US Visitor Visa processing. We are still trying to track these down and get them back.

I sent an email to Ottpilot-immigration @ cici.gc.ca on the 60th day that we won't be able turn in the passports. Since then I have not heard anything back from the Ottawa. Back in May Ottpilot was responding to my queries within 24-48 hour period. It's been almost over a week now and I still haven't heard anything back.

Should I take any further action on this? Or, should I patiently wait for a response from Ottawa? In the meantime if I receive the passports back from US Consulate, should I try to submit these to the Canadian High Commission? Although, the original letter which is to be attached to the passports states that the same have to be submitted within 60 day period from the date of the letter.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sumeet
You can submit via VFS in India with letter of explanation, not a big deal or if your folks have Canadian visa - you can send PP to Ottawa and ten flagpole for landing

SumeetC

Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for your response fellows.

I unfortunately was stuck up because of my travel and couldn't log into my registered email account to send out a timely correspondence to Ottpilot :(. And, we were quite optimistic that we would receive our passports back in time.

I will like you idea of attaching an explanation with the passports and original email. I will do that (once I get the passports in hand).

Thank you,
Sumeet

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
SumeetC said:
Thanks for your response fellows.

I unfortunately was stuck up because of my travel and couldn't log into my registered email account to send out a timely correspondence to Ottpilot :(. And, we were quite optimistic that we would receive our passports back in time.

I will like you idea of attaching an explanation with the passports and original email. I will do that (once I get the passports in hand).

Thank you,
Sumeet
You were gone for 60 days and yet knew you had the passport request?

By the sounds of it, they will deem it abandoned and toss it. Sounds like you are going to have to start all over again.