+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could somebody explain this. I don't quite understand |refusal PR decision|

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Hi everyone,
Got the refusal letter today. Sounds like something is wrong with my Canadian offer, but I am legally working in Canada with this offer... Can someone enlighten me? Thanks. Below is the refusal reason provided in the letter. Unfortunately, I could not reapply under EE whatsoever because there is another PR application under PNP.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: 11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation. Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated: 50 points for a qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Upon review of your application and submissions, I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that you are in possession of a valid offer of arranged employment. More specifically, I am not satisfied that you hold an employer specific work permit or a positive LMIA for XXX Institute. This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Did you claim points the 50 points for a job offer?

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Did you claim points the 50 points for a job offer?
I did... my offer was issued Jun 2022. I applied for ee on August 2022, got invited on October 2022.
I am not sure what was wrong about the offer. It is a three year offer..

Last edited:

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Hi everyone,
Got the refusal letter today. Sounds like something is wrong with my Canadian offer, but I am legally working in Canada with this offer... Can someone enlighten me? Thanks. Below is the refusal reason provided in the letter. Unfortunately, I could not reapply under EE whatsoever because there is another PR application under PNP.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: 11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation. Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated: 50 points for a qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Upon review of your application and submissions, I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that you are in possession of a valid offer of arranged employment. More specifically, I am not satisfied that you hold an employer specific work permit or a positive LMIA for XXX Institute. This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
I am not sure why this officer is not satisfied with my offer. Could someone help?
Does this offer has to be started after my application or what?

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
One detail that I've noticed tends to trip people up: The job offer has to specify that you will be employed for at least 1 year after receiving PR. Even though your 3 year offer would probably cover the full processing time, if it doesn't have that verbiage that could be the issue. I don't have experience with the LMIA aspect so I won't speak to that part. But I do know the offer letter has to specifically state your offer is good for one year after you are granted PR status.

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Did you have positive LMIA issued? Thanks

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you have positive LMIA issued? Thanks
The answer is in the other thread the OP started. They were correctly refused by IRCC. They are on an open work permit and don't have an LMIA. So they should not have claimed the job offer points.

Feb 15, 2023
The answer is in the other thread the OP started. They were correctly refused by IRCC. They are on an open work permit and don't have an LMIA. So they should not have claimed the job offer points.
What OP can do is to try and submit a webform explaining that he had made a mistake and didn't understand the express entry question. As long as his CRS score don't go below the cutoff score they might reinstate his application.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What OP can do is to try and submit a webform explaining that he had made a mistake and didn't understand the express entry question. As long as his CRS score don't go below the cutoff score they might reinstate his application.
Very hard to prove. We look at our CRS points before we submit our final applications. OP didn't even correct it.

Unless OP says that they were above the cutoff without 50 points, they are rightfully rejected.

Reactions: klubsoda