+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could anyone please read and respond to this, Thank you.

Nafla

Nov 20, 2007
1) I have an HRSDC approved work permit expiring late next year. Can I refer to this as an Arranged Employment so that I dont have to show the CAD$10,168 as proof of funds?

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
according to my knowlage its possible ,well here are few people who can give you better detail answer ,

Sergey24

Feb 26, 2008
Hi Nafla,
If you have LMO approved by HRDC, you have to apply for temporary work permit look at: www.cic.ca.gc or www.canada.org.uk for infomation how to apply for a work permit. This will allow you to go to Canada and work before your permanent residence file is complete and make you eligible for an additional 15 points on your application. Once you in Canada and working in the job on the work permit, you should inform CIC office you applied for PR. also you must provide them with a letter from your employer stating that he is offering to employ you on an indeterminate basis.
By my experience: I had job offer approved by HRDS, and had been refused to enter Canada because vsa officer was not satisfied that I would leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay as I have submitted an application for permanent residence.
So I couldn't get 15 points on my PR application if I do not working in Canada, and I couldn't enter Canada and start work because I had PR application in prosses.

I wish you all the best in your case.

Sergey

Nafla

Nov 20, 2007
Thank you Sergey,

I should have explained my self more! I came to Canada as a student in 2006, finished college, got a Post Graduate Work Permit, before it expired, my boss applied for a Labor Market Opinion, it was approved and that is how I was able to get my HRSDC approved work permit. I am currently working under this permit and it is expiring late next year. In short, I am already in Canada and been here for the last 2 years.

Thanks a bunch!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If your position is Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A/B and it is a "permanent job offer," then you can count it for arranged employment.

Take the online skills assessment. At the point at which you get to "arranged employment," it explains the requirements.

Nafla

Nov 20, 2007
Hi Thaiguy,

Thank you for the quick response. I have checked it out, I think it I can show my HRDSC approved workpermit as an arranged employment.

Good timing eh? I just received a letter from Buffalo requesting for an interview on April 18th at 10:30 a.m. Man, am nervous!

What I have been doing: I sent in my PR application in August 2007 . AOR in September 2007 as well as IELTS request. Then now, just a few mins ago, interview request next month.