+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cost of Living estimations for new immigrants

Ayuula

Apr 9, 2017
The answer is dependent to where the applicant is looking to settle.
We are open to suggestions. We are considering Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Ottawa for now because of hubby's employability chances. He's a construction project manager, I intend to work from home till he lands a reasonable job.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
We are open to suggestions. We are considering Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Ottawa for now because of hubby's employability chances. He's a construction project manager, I intend to work from home till he lands a reasonable job.
Dear Ayuula,

Good to see some people from the construction background....Please let me know, whether you already got PR & settled down there...because am in the same boat like your's applying for the PR...

James

Ayuula

Apr 9, 2017
Dear Ayuula,

Good to see some people from the construction background....Please let me know, whether you already got PR & settled down there...because am in the same boat like your's applying for the PR...

James
Just submitted our ITA. waiting for our PPR (wink)

Reactions: james_tvm

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Dear Ayuula,

James
Hi James,

Did you receive your ITA yet?? If the IELTS is bothering you, don't worry, with proper practice and patience you can ace it in no time. Things will turn brighter eventually. Good luck.

Ellianna

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Vancouver:
Rent. I started from renting just a room for 550 per month. Now renting one bedroom basement for 810 per month.
Internet, hydro included.
Cell phone 33/ month. (no data) You can use free Wi - Fi at Starbucks for example.
Groceries - 200/300 per month
Transit pass. Depends upon how many zones you need. 1 zone - 91 per month, 2 zones - 124 per month.
Medical insurance (province) - 1 person - 75/month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Vancouver:
Rent. I started from renting just a room for 550 per month. Now renting one bedroom basement for 810 per month.
Cell phone 33/ month. (no data) You can use free Wi - Fi at Starbucks for example.
Transit pass. Depends upon how many zones you need. 1 zone - 91 per month, 2 zones - 124 per month.
Not sure where you are living but $810 for a 1 bedroom apartment with utilities and internet is very inexpensive for Vancouver.

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Please refer to the link in my signature. I live on less than 1,000 CAD a month, living in a relatively rich neighborhood in Toronto.

Ellianna

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Not sure where you are living but $810 for a 1 bedroom apartment with utilities and internet is very inexpensive for Vancouver.
You have to look for ads.I spent few months before I found my current place. I moved to this apartment 2 years ago.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
06-06-2024
Hi James,

Did you receive your ITA yet?? If the IELTS is bothering you, don't worry, with proper practice and patience you can ace it in no time. Things will turn brighter eventually. Good luck.
Thanks Raz0r for your kind words..Am struggling with IELTS particularly in writing & reading part..Hope to clear this for last time & already attempted for five times & finally booked the date for coming saturday 28th October...let's hope for the good luck...

Ayuula

Apr 9, 2017
Vancouver:
Thanks for the info