+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence request by CIC

TdotJatt

Nov 10, 2008
Hello Y'all,
I am sponsoring my wife under FCS. She got her medicals done last year November. Below is her timeline.

1) We received your application for permanent residence on August XX, 2014.

2) Medical results have been received.

3) We sent you correspondence on Feb XX, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before
sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Now we see a third line on our ECAS status saying that CIC has sent us a correspondence :eek:. Has anyone came across something like this. What does this mean and does this mean its going to delay the processing?

Any thoughts or ideas, please do share.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
It means they contacted you (by email or regular mail), probably asking for additional documents.

Are you sure you haven't heard from CIC in February?

TdotJatt

Nov 10, 2008
deepax said:
It means they contacted you (by email or regular mail), probably asking for additional documents.

Are you sure you haven't heard from CIC in February?
My application was filed by an Immigration lawyer. Are you sure this is for additional document request not for passport request?

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
TdotJatt said:
My application was filed by an Immigration lawyer. Are you sure this is for additional document request not for passport request?
I agree with deepax.
Of course no one can here tell you with certainty what the correspondence is about, but passport requests are normally associated with the "Decision made" line in eCAS, not "we sent you correspondence".
You need to inquire about it with your lawyer and be mindful that most document requests will have a deadline attached to them, typically 30 or 60 days. So I wouldn't waste any time if I were you.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
TdotJatt said:
It could be a PPR, but it could be a few other thing. If your lawyer put their email on the application, they would have received the request. You better go kick your lawyer's butt for not letting you know about this if that is the case.

TdotJatt

Nov 10, 2008
Thank y'all for your valuable input. Called the lawyer and he said he will email CIC and inquire about it. Will keep you fellas posted about the progress.

fsv

Dec 31, 2016
TdotJatt said:
Hello Y'all,
I am sponsoring my wife under FCS. She got her medicals done last year November. Below is her timeline.

1) We received your application for permanent residence on August XX, 2014.

2) Medical results have been received.

3) We sent you correspondence on Feb XX, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before
sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hello I am in similar situation now. Can I know what was the outcome. In my case letter mail reached me after 10 days of the deadline, please reply