+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coronory Angiogram-Should I be worried?

Simpsons

Dec 9, 2012
My Dad went for his medicals and told the DMP that he had a heart attack 10 years ago and taking medication now.He is otherwise perfectly healthy.DMP sent him to cardiologist who took ECG ,Echo and blood pressure.He gave the result in a sealed envelope and advised for Coronory Angiogram /coronography.My qustion is should I be worried?
Is my Dad going to pass the medicals?
Should we do the coronography or wait furtherence request from regional office?
Please reply .Thanks

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
It sounds like he advised for it for your dad's well being aside from the immigration case. Since the DMPs don't give you the medical results doing this test on your own might give you some answers and perhaps help your dad keep himself healthy. I think you should do the test.

Simpsons

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks bacontoaster for your reply.

My Dad regularly goes to his cardiologist they never mentioned that he is in need of any bypass or stent,according to them meds are enough.
This DMP recommended cardiologist advised for coronory angiography and want to write report on it.As I read it is a risky procedure and beside no one from Regional office asked us to do that.

I was wondering what would be the outcome.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Simpsons said:
Is my Dad going to pass the medicals?
You should read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob373.asp

The biggest concern for immigration for your dad I think will be the "excessive demand" criteria. Basically if he will be a drain in Canadian healthcare (defined as costing slightly over $6,000 per year for 5 years), he may be declared medically inadmissible.

I know sponsored spouses, partners and children are exempt and this excessive demand criteria is waived... but i don't think that's the case for parents.

Even if he is declared inadmissible, you can also apply on humanitarian grounds, if you can show he doesn't have the proper care at home. I'm sure there are other alternatives you can follow also if you needed.

Simpsons

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks Rob
Thank for the link .I also did my research.Many parents with bypass surgeries and heart patients are allowed in canada and many are refused,depending on their situation.
Until the medical I was very hopeful becaue my Dad told me he recently cleared his sttress teat and nuclear test.And Doc told him that no need for Bypass or Stents and just medicines are OK.

But now when DMP recommened doc told him to go for coronory angiogram I am worried what he saw and especially what he wrote in his report.I also know that according to my research CIC never asks for angiography because it has risks involve.(applicant can do it it orove that he/she is fine).

Lets see when we send this report to regional Doc.Please guys pray that my Dad pass his test.

harjahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2009
Doc's Request.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2015
Simpsons said:
Thanks Rob
Thank for the link .I also did my research.Many parents with bypass surgeries and heart patients are allowed in canada and many are refused,depending on their situation.
Until the medical I was very hopeful becaue my Dad told me he recently cleared his sttress teat and nuclear test.And Doc told him that no need for Bypass or Stents and just medicines are OK.

But now when DMP recommened doc told him to go for coronory angiogram I am worried what he saw and especially what he wrote in his report.I also know that according to my research CIC never asks for angiography because it has risks involve.(applicant can do it it orove that he/she is fine).

Lets see when we send this report to regional Doc.Please guys pray that my Dad pass his test.
i got a same for my father coronory angiography test. please update your case please as soon as