+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copy or Original of the upfrontmedicals to be sent with the application ?

tejasmunro

Jul 12, 2013
After your medicals are done , the doctor will give you a recipt of the upfront medical done by you , which will confirm that you did the medicals...and that has to be included with your application

Now hould you send a photocopy of this along with your application or the original given to you by the doctor ?

I know for the police clearance they specifically say originals only , so what about the medical examination proof you send along with your application ..should we send the original IMM 1017B given to you by the doc or a photocopy of it ?

--------
This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Family Class: Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner

Family Class: Dependent children of the sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Original only. The IMM 1017B has a real photograph stuck on it.

tejasmunro

Jul 12, 2013
zardoz said:
Original only. The IMM 1017B has a real photograph stuck on it.
If the doc works on the electronic system ( not paper system ) and gives u a printout ( not IMM 1017B ) ..

I am guessing even In that case you have to send the original and not a copy of the printout ..right ??

-----------

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Mine was not eMedical, so I'm not certain, but I would assume so.