+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR + Information letter broken link

absiegert

Apr 27, 2021
Hey everyone,
My CEC application was approved on April 23rd (applied in September 2020), but when I try to download the information letter, the link is broken. Any advice on what to do next? Has anyone had the same issue?
Trying to speak to an agent is very very hard. That CIC call centre menu is a nightmare, and when you finally dial 0 to speak to an agent, there's an automated message saying "your call cannot be transferred to an agent".

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey everyone,
My CEC application was approved on April 23rd (applied in September 2020), but when I try to download the information letter, the link is broken. Any advice on what to do next? Has anyone had the same issue?
Trying to speak to an agent is very very hard. That CIC call centre menu is a nightmare, and when you finally dial 0 to speak to an agent, there's an automated message saying "your call cannot be transferred to an agent".
If you say you're trying to download a PDF letter send to you by IRCC through your account?

If that is the case, that happened to me over a year ago. I reporter a technical issue and they responded after a week or so staying there was nothing wrong even though there clearly was.

What I did was call the call center and speak to an agent and ask them to read the letter to me as I couldn't access it. They did and i was able to send the information I was requested.

That might be your only option

I suggest you call IRCC during the early morning between Wednesdays and Fridays, specially Fridays it should be much easier to get through.

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Hey everyone,
I have a similar issue. I am not able to download the information letter from the portal. However, I received it in an email. So, all good.
If you did not get an email, I think your best bet is to try get a hold of an agent.

absiegert

Apr 27, 2021
I have a similar issue. I am not able to download the information letter from the portal. However, I received it in an email. So, all good.
If you did not get an email, I think your best bet is to try get a hold of an agent.
Good to know!... did you receive that email on the same day that your application was approved?... or was it after a couple of days? Thanks!!

mlh

Jul 17, 2020
Hey everyone,
Hi
Also faced the same issue when my CEC application was approved today (AOR May 21). I tried to click on the Information letter link but it was broken using Chrome browser. I googled a bit and seems like it's a browser issue. I used IE browser version 20H2 and I was able to download the Copr by clicking on the Information letter link.

Reactions: absiegert

absiegert

Apr 27, 2021
Hi
Also faced the same issue when my CEC application was approved today (AOR May 21). I tried to click on the Information letter link but it was broken using Chrome browser. I googled a bit and seems like it's a browser issue. I used IE browser version 20H2 and I was able to download the Copr by clicking on the Information letter link.
Thank you!
I had to call Immigration, wait until I could get a hold of an officer and he told me he would place a request so that the letters were emailed to me. 4 or 5 days after that, I received an email with the PDF versions of the letters.