+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I just saw the update that travel restrictions have been lifted for COPRs after March 18th. Congratulations!
All Valid COPRs can now travel. Expired COPRs cannot travel as of now and details will be updated by IRCC soon.

But I am in a difficult situation here. My COPR expires on 29th June 2021. I am in India and there are flight bans currently. One week is quite short notice for me to travel.

Can anyone share the email ID or other contact information where I should convey that I am unable to travel and will need an extension/authorization letter for a later date?

Thanks!

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
Hi Everyone,
I just saw the update that travel restrictions have been lifted for COPRs after March 18th. Congratulations!
All Valid COPRs can now travel. Expired COPRs cannot travel as of now and details will be updated by IRCC soon.

But I am in a difficult situation here. My COPR expires on 29th June 2021. I am in India and there are flight bans currently. One week is quite short notice for me to travel.

Can anyone share the email ID or other contact information where I should convey that I am unable to travel and will need an extension/authorization letter for a later date?

Thanks!
Hello, I wish you could try all you can before the expiration of your documents, perhaps you can go through another country otherwise IRCC says if your docs is about to expire or has expired, IRCC will work with you on how to reissue your Visa. An instruction is expected to be updated on their site on how to renew our documents.
So for those who couldn't travel and their docs eventually expires, it won't be a problem.
All the best

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
They recently updated that `if COPR is about to expire or has expired, they will soon have instructions on their webpage about how to get reissued documents`. Don`t worry about the expiry. Just wait for the next update soon.

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
Hello, I wish you could try all you can before the expiration of your documents, perhaps you can go through another country otherwise IRCC says if your docs is about to expire or has expired, IRCC will work with you on how to reissue your Visa. An instruction is expected to be updated on their site on how to renew our documents.
So for those who couldn't travel and their docs eventually expires, it won't be a problem.
All the best
I also wish the same but the circumstances aren't in much of favor. I did search for options via Ethiopia and there are only limited flights that are transiting through another country (Doha, Muscat, Dubai) and I am not sure if transits are allowed. I think it might be. Finding out from travel agents today. But looks like I won't be able to make it.

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
I also wish the same but the circumstances aren't in much of favor. I did search for options via Ethiopia and there are only limited flights that are transiting through another country (Doha, Muscat, Dubai) and I am not sure if transits are allowed. I think it might be. Finding out from travel agents today. But looks like I won't be able to make it.
Don't worry too much, there will be an update as to how to renew your docs. We just keep trusting God for speed.

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
Don't worry too much, there will be an update as to how to renew your docs. We just keep trusting God for speed.

Reactions: Wotsit

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
So from now on there is no difference as post or before Mar Copr holder... just wait for re Med n re issue the visa n off we go...

mkhan2790

Oct 1, 2020
For someone with a valid copr (issued after March 18) flying to Canada from UAE, does the condition to settle permanently still apply? If so, how does one prove that they're coming to settle permanently?

Reactions: nedaa

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
For someone with a valid copr (issued after March 18) flying to Canada from UAE, does the condition to settle permanently still apply? If so, how does one prove that they're coming to settle permanently?
Don`t know how to prove but Yes, the condition to settle permanently still apply. Check the update below.

As of June 21, 2021, you’re exempt from travel restrictions, no matter what date we issued your COPR, if you’re

• travelling to Canada with a valid COPR and
  • coming to live and settle permanently.

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Immigration applicants - Canada.ca

Reactions: mkhan2790

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi guys ! to anyone who has expired COPR was already contacted by IRCC hope you can share your experience
thanks!
Are you patiently waiting for their mail or thinking about raising webform/send mail to VO? They have asked not to send though.