+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Xtensio

May 8, 2019
The emails you are referring to Actually say that you should continue to make plans to land in canada in 2020 and thats what the OP is doing.

“If your PR application was approved before or on March 18, 2020, you are allowed to travel to Canada. Please read about the public health measures below. If circumstances allow, we encourage you to continue to make plans to land in Canada in 2020.“

They do not specify the length of stay required
That’s what I was thinking. IRCC is like “if you can travel, do it”.
I’m hoping that the Customs Officer will have the same opinion.
From what I heard is the land border way more stringent then airports.

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Guys, any luck with the landing options? I am an inland applicant with COPR received. Waiting for landing options. Raised webform but got a generic reply that all appointments are cancelled and they are not taking a new one. I have heard some people have got their COPR validated via email without any interview or landing formality? Anyone has any idea about it?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, they will not mention it as they are not expecting people to come and go. There is a 14 days mandatory quarantine once you land in Canada. CoPR issued before or on March 18 are exempted from travel restrictions that are in place but they are not exempted from self quarantine rule. If you are just landing for PR status and want to take U turn then I personally wont recommend it at least during this crisis situation. Rest its your decision as its your CoPR.
Lol you are funny, no really you are so funny. You think after he lands and tells CBSA he is going to take a flight back to the states they will force him into the 14 quarantine instead? Like use your brain seriously.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi Guys, any luck with the landing options? I am an inland applicant with COPR received. Waiting for landing options. Raised webform but got a generic reply that all appointments are cancelled and they are not taking a new one. I have heard some people have got their COPR validated via email without any interview or landing formality? Anyone has any idea about it?
I am in Canada and in similar situation as yours. I tried web form, emailing CPC-Ottawa, and even tweet to IRCC, but all get general responses. For the landing email, looks like only a small portion of people have received it and IRCC didn't give any comment on that. So I think the only way is wait for now. Maybe a round trip to US is a possible option for me because I can entering US by claiming I work there but I am not going to take the risk of that since CBSA may question if it's an essential travel entering Canada.

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
For anyone who was clueless like me, the international flights from Pakistan are suspended till 15th May (except for special flights of course). So it might be safe to book a ticket for any day after 15th May from Pakistan. By the way, PIA is taking full advantage of the situation and selling tickets for double or triple the price.

Reactions: FatemahPK

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Lol you are funny, no really you are so funny. You think after he lands and tells CBSA he is going to take a flight back to the states they will force him into the 14 quarantine instead? Like use your brain seriously.
What if Immigration officer asks for proofs of 14 day quarantine stay? This is COVID19 situation and already CBSA officers are taking risks by coming in close proximity with international travellers and if they caught someone telling a lie and then you can imagine what could happen. I wont sound so funny in that case.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Telling the officer that you're on round trip back and were here for soft landing means non-essential travel (at least for land border it's confirmed) and, hence, could be barred entry.

Last edited:

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Mandatory quarantine for travellers entering Canada
When you arrive in Canada by air or land, we assess your health before you leave the port of entry.

If you’re exempt from the travel restrictions, you must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada.

The penalties for not following your quarantine plan can include

• a fine of up to $750,000
  • 6 months of jail time
  • being found inadmissible, removed from Canada and banned from entering for 1 year

Reactions: SithLord

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly I am done answering people. I don't know it if I am talking to kids or just adults who analyze and over analyze every word and sentence and come up with irrational conclusions. Arrest? Seriously?

OP I would travel if I were you, that's all I gotta say.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Why don't people just tweet on IRCC account to ask whether or not they can do soft landing? Much better approach to clear any doubts.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Mandatory quarantine for travellers entering Canada
When you arrive in Canada by air or land, we assess your health before you leave the port of entry.

If you’re exempt from the travel restrictions, you must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada.

The penalties for not following your quarantine plan can include

• a fine of up to $750,000
  • 6 months of jail time
  • being found inadmissible, removed from Canada and banned from entering for 1 year
What's funny is you missed analyzing the very first sentence. It says "before you leave the port of entry". Well he ISN'T Fing LEAVING the stupid port of entry.

Reactions: Xtensio

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
What's funny is you missed analyzing the very first sentence. It says "before you leave the port of entry". Well he ISN'T Fing LEAVING the stupid port of entry.
Also tweeted them to ask this specific question what if person is not leaving the port of entry and will let you know what's their reply.

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi everyone,
I received CoPR in February. I was going to land in June. But my wife got diagnosed with breast cancer in March. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC about the new diagnosis?