+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR 30 day limit passed - What can I do?

ledzee

Oct 17, 2018
I did not notice my COPR email in inbox and missed it. I had received it on May 6, 2019.

Today June 6, 2019 I realized about it.

The 30 day limit to send passport to them has passed.

Any idea what can I do now? I can send the passport today itself but not sure if that is the best course of action.

Any ideas? This is so embarrassing.

Please guys put an alert for any email that lands in your inbox with ".ca" domain.

ledzee

Oct 17, 2018
So, correction - I had received and crossed 30 day limit for PPR not COPR.

Mentioning what happened next so that it could be helpful for the next person.

What I did was - I emailed the address mentioned in the email about my circumstance. Telling them that I only came to know about the email once I received reply to my email. I also immediately mailed my passport to them - taking that risk.

I received a reply from them the next day that my deadline to submit passport was extended by 30 days. The same day they also received my passport. Still waiting to get back the passport but it has only been 4 days since I sent it.

Phew.

nirmal9090

Nov 16, 2018
So, correction - I had received and crossed 30 day limit for PPR not COPR.

Mentioning what happened next so that it could be helpful for the next person.

What I did was - I emailed the address mentioned in the email about my circumstance. Telling them that I only came to know about the email once I received reply to my email. I also immediately mailed my passport to them - taking that risk.

I received a reply from them the next day that my deadline to submit passport was extended by 30 days. The same day they also received my passport. Still waiting to get back the passport but it has only been 4 days since I sent it.

Phew.
Can you tell what happend in your case?Have you got your COPR? We have also missed our deadline

nirmal9090

Nov 16, 2018
Once I sent my passport, I got my counterfoil number (It's temporary VISA number) in ten days. So it got stamped.

Now I think we should be getting our passports back this week. Will update this thread once we do.
Thank you so much for information buddy...we too have submitted our passport and have also given them reason for the delay....please let us know what happend further in your case ....our fingers are crossed...hope things go fine....

ledzee

Oct 17, 2018
Update - I received my COPR within 3 weeks of I sent the passport. Thank god everything worked out.