File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I thought TRV allows me to stay for 6 months? Am i misunderstanding something?
Yes, you are misunderstanding. It allows you to stay in Canada for six months when you first enter Canada. It does not allow you to stay six months after your work permit has expired. As I've said several times now already, you need to apply for a visitor record.

You may be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to guide you through all of these processes to avoid costly mistakes.

Jaja1596

Oct 9, 2024
Yes, you are misunderstanding. It allows you to stay in Canada for six months when you first enter Canada. It does not allow you to stay six months after your work permit has expired. As I've said several times now already, you need to apply for a visitor record.

You may be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to guide you through all of these processes to avoid costly mistakes.
I will try to research for a consultant. However, just a quick loophole question, If every 6 months, I am going to my home country and back to Canada, withh my TRV works?
What i am trying to ask is that the TRV will basically only give 6 months for each entry right? I do have multiple entry eligiblity.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I will try to research for a consultant. However, just a quick loophole question, If every 6 months, I am going to my home country and back to Canada, withh my TRV works?
What i am trying to ask is that the TRV will basically only give 6 months for each entry right? I do have multiple entry eligiblity.
No, that's not necessarily true. If and how long you are allowed into Canada is always up to CBSA. They can grant you the default six month visit, allow you in but for a shorter stay, and also deny entry. A TRV does not guarantee reentry into Canada or a six-month stay.

Jaja1596

Oct 9, 2024
No, that's not necessarily true. If and how long you are allowed into Canada is always up to CBSA. They can grant you the default six month visit, allow you in but for a shorter stay, and also deny entry. A TRV does not guarantee reentry into Canada or a six-month stay.
Allright, thats good to know. But theoritically, up to 6 months basically if I have a legitimate reason to enter Canada right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Allright, thats good to know. But theoritically, up to 6 months basically if I have a legitimate reason to enter Canada right?
Yes, up to six months. It's not just about having a legitimate reason on your end. There are other factors that can play into the decision including how often you are using the TRV and time spent on Canada, available funds to support your stay, etc. It's also possible that no questions may be asked at all.

Jaja1596

Oct 9, 2024
Yes, up to six months. It's not just about having a legitimate reason on your end. There are other factors that can play into the decision including how often you are using the TRV and time spent on Canada, available funds to support your stay, etc. It's also possible that no questions may be asked at all.
Allright, I have a brother here so i think it would be fine.

another question while I have you, how strict is the work experience requirement from what you have seen? For example, some streams require 1 year work experience, what if a person has like 10 months or even 11 months? Will they deny it immediately?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Remember that entry on a TRV is for visiting. If there are concerns you are attempting to live in Canada that could be grounds for refusal. Given your situation leaving Canada would not be advisable when on a a valid visitor record.

Reactions: YVR123

Jaja1596

Oct 9, 2024
Remember that entry on a TRV is for visiting. If there are concerns you are attempting to live in Canada that could be grounds for refusal. Given your situation leaving Canada would not be advisable when on a a valid visitor record.
Wait but isnt it illegal if I dont leave canada after 6 months?