FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>>

setcanada said:
Hi qorax
as per guideline 20,000 visa wil be issue and 1,000 visa per NOC...that 20,000 visa criteria is for globally or is it per CHC of the particular country
It's Globally.
Only 20,000 newcomers per yr into Canada.

They have drastically cut the intake strength. In 2009 approx 200,000 pax have landed here, according to rough estimates@Humber College, Etobicoke, Toronto. The official figure hasn't come out yet.

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Landing on 8th April 2011 at Toronto

Thanks Qorax
That means with 20,000 visa criteria only few applicant will qualify..and their will be huge competition for canada immigration....
but good news backlog case will be process fast..correct me if im wrong

narinderdl

May 3, 2010

@seniors
is 1 year minimum experience criteria history now??
applicant with few months exp. can apply?

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........

narinderdl said:
@ seniors
no ...
•be a skilled worker who has had one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years: link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

narinderdl

May 3, 2010

@setcanada
Instructions for processing Federal Skilled Worker applications
Federal Skilled Worker applications (see footnote 1) received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney on or after June 26, 2010, accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment, (see footnote 2) not exceeding the identified caps and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

1. Applications submitted with an Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) consistent with requirements of subsection 82(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
or
2. Applications from skilled workers with evidence of experience in the last 10 years under one or more (see footnote 3) of the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes:http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html

i m talking about point 2.
it is written evidence of experiencein last 10 yrs.
not 1 yr experience.

saurinshah

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 21 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2009
File Transfer...
JUNE 29 2009
Med's Request
APRIL 20 2010
Med's Done....
APRIL 26 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
MAY 26 2010 passport recieved by chc may 28th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 22 2010 recieved passport july 06 2010
LANDED..........
AUGUST 28 2010 CALGARY ALBERTA

MASTER THREAD FROM THE MASTER HIMSELF.LONG LIVE THE GREAT QORAX.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

setcanada said:
Thanks Qorax
That means with 20,000 visa criteria only few applicant will qualify..and their will be huge competition for canada immigration....
but good news backlog case will be process fast..correct me if im wrong
Yes, it's all about dealing with the "backlog" & 'reducing' the quantities henceforth.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

narinderdl said:
@ seniors
narinderdl said:
@ setcanada
Federal Skilled Worker applications (see footnote 1) received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney on or after June 26, 2010, accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment, (see footnote 2) not exceeding the identified caps and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

1. Applications submitted with an Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) consistent with requirements of subsection 82(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
or
2. Applications from skilled workers with evidence of experience in the last 10 years under one or more (see footnote 3) of the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes:http://canadagazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2010/2010-06-26/html/notice-avis-eng.html

not 1 yr experience.
The "1/10" Rule, w.r.t Experience, yet continues.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

narinderdl said:
@ setcanada
Federal Skilled Worker applications (see footnote 1) received by the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney on or after June 26, 2010, accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment, (see footnote 2) not exceeding the identified caps and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

or

not 1 yr experience.
As per the CIC wesbite update,

Its the same, that the applicant will need 1 year continuous work experience.

Is my application eligible for processing?

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must include the results of your official language proficiency test, and either:

have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
be a skilled worker who has had one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years:

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........

well said rocky and qorax..
@narinderdl hope your query is now answered by master people
tc

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010

Hi Qorax,

How are you.Hope things are fine at your end.
My sympathies to people who have missed out as a result of the new NOC list and all the best to the people who are in line to get their PR visa.
Can you throw some light on Offer of Arranged Employment.What is it exactly and how does one land an offer.Is it applicable for people who already have the PR but yet to land.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

How are you.Hope things are fine at your end.
My sympathies to people who have missed out as a result of the new NOC list and all the best to the people who are in line to get their PR visa.
Can you throw some light on Offer of Arranged Employment.What is it exactly and how does one land an offer.Is it applicable for people who already have the PR but yet to land.

Thanks
Hi Penpal,

The AEO is simply a case of: U apply for a job, the prospective employer finds u fit for his vacancy, obtains a LMO & sends u an Appt Letter/Emp Contract. Which u can submit to the CIC for putting your case file on another system of FSW processing.

Does the AEO move my case faster?
An AEO doesn't speed-up your case processing. In fact, in many cases it delays it. 'coz the CIC needs to Xcheck your AEO & the Employer's Credentials too. Which is an Additional Step/s.

Then, how does the AEO benefit me?
It helps u two folds...

A. With the latest system of processing (aka the 29 list), your file is processed separately than the conditional 20,000 Cap. U'd beat the Cap; & if your case file is found to be 'fit', u'd still get the PRV even if Canada completes 20,000 cases in the applicable yr.

B. U don't require to show the POF, as well as do not require to bring in any 'landing funds'. Though u must still bring-in monies, for your day-to-day expenses. But, the burden of that is taken-off. And that's a huge relief for many.

Does it help ppl who already have the PRV?
Yes, it does. U get the benefit of point-B, above. The process is, before u move, u need to update CHC about your AEO. They put it into the system & u'd not be required to show the POF upon landing.
[Catch: U must 'land' in the same province of your AEO, else u may raise a Red Flag]

How to grab an AEO?
Difficult. From your homeland. But not impossible. Many manage it. Though quite a few r dubious... Obtained from agents, by paying some additional 'fees'. The genuine ones r lucky. They have a readymade job to start with. And fund management gets lot easier.

But remember, most AEOs r arranged by friends/relatives in Canada. Practically it's quite difficult to obtain one while residing abroad. The employers plainly do not get interested in a candidate whom they haven't met, verified & r unsure whether s/he'll make it with the PR, especially in-time. How many employers would like to wait indefinitely with their vacancy, is any ones guess?

Hope that answered your query.

Qorax