+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contacting MP

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone!

I contacted our local MP last March 30 to follow up our application. During the call, the MP informed me that my criminality is passed and security check has not yet started. But when I asked the MP to email me the detailed update of my application, my criminality is in progress same with my accompanying dependent son that is 16yrs old. Not sure why the details is different from what the MP told me during the call.

Question: Is it okay to contact different MP to assist us with our application?

I will appreciate your replies. Thank you!

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Hi everyone!

I contacted our local MP last March 30 to follow up our application. During the call, the MP informed me that my criminality is passed and security check has not yet started. But when I asked the MP to email me the detailed update of my application, my criminality is in progress same with my accompanying dependent son that is 16yrs old. Not sure why the details is different from what the MP told me during the call.

Question: Is it okay to contact different MP to assist us with our application?

I will appreciate your replies. Thank you!

Hey there you can try to contact another MP but only if your not satisfied with the results / outcome .. like when u said you got the email and what was said is different from what was written. Mind you .. you may have to explain why you want another mp looking into it .. as it needs to be compelling as MPs want their people to attend to their constituents.. u can forward the email you got and say that you would like more clarity or just call the MP again n clarify your ask or email. Hope this helps

Reactions: Sarah0018

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hey there you can try to contact another MP but only if your not satisfied with the results / outcome .. like when u said you got the email and what was said is different from what was written. Mind you .. you may have to explain why you want another mp looking into it .. as it needs to be compelling as MPs want their people to attend to their constituents.. u can forward the email you got and say that you would like more clarity or just call the MP again n clarify your ask or email. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. Honestly, it got us confused thats why we wanted to reach out to another MP to confirm the status of our app. Do you have any idea if contacting another MP will negatively affect our application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
During the call, the MP informed me that my criminality is passed and security check has not yet started. But when I asked the MP to email me the detailed update of my application, my criminality is in progress same with my accompanying dependent son that is 16yrs old. Not sure why the details is different from what the MP told me during the call.
My understanding is that what the various systems SHOW is not the logical version of what the average person would think that it means.

Or in simple terms: while they may have completed the 'main' criminality check, and that this was no negative information (or 'passed'), that may not be final. Why? Because someone still has to sign off, and there may be a subsequent 'last minute check' (database/computer records check) required to do that. And the system may not show anything except 'in progress' until that final sign-off has been done. (Because until that last sign-off is done, it's NOT done, even if that sign-off is not much more than a formality for vast majority of cases.)

So in my view: sounds completely normal and not worth pursuing. But I can't give guarantee and I'm just a string of characters on the internet.

If you really want to check, I think it would be more productive to ... just ask the MP that you first dealt with, sounds like they are pretty responsive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general you are expected to contact your own MP. Another MP will usually tell you to follow-up up with your own MP. Inconsistency could just mean that the computer hasn’t been updated yet.

Reactions: Sarah0018

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
In general you are expected to contact your own MP. Another MP will usually tell you to follow-up up with your own MP. Inconsistency could just mean that the computer hasn’t been updated yet.
Initially, we contacted the MP (with positive and good reviews) that is not designated in our area. The MP is willing to help us out incase our local MP is not responsive or if we are not satisfied. Would that be okay if we call back the MP thats willing to help us out just to straighten up our confusion?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Initially, we contacted the MP (with positive and good reviews) that is not designated in our area. The MP is willing to help us out incase our local MP is not responsive or if we are not satisfied. Would that be okay if we call back the MP thats willing to help us out just to straighten up our confusion?
Want do you want, permission?

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Pretty unusual for the MP to be willing to do so but it is at their discretion.
I was able to clarify some information with our local MP. She said it was her mistake she may have said that Criminality is passed when its still in progress.