+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequences of Providing More Than 20 photos To Prove Relationship

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Easiest just to stick to 20 photos. Choose the best of what you have from different time periods if possible. For example: I did two from 2015, two from 2016, three from 2017, three from 2018, three from 2019, and seven from the wedding.

They’re not really looking for quantity. They’re looking for a series of photos that show the logical progression of a relationship moving forward over a period of time that appears genuine. That’s best case scenario if you can prove it. Always best to make it easy for the officer to put the pieces of your puzzle together by making it make sense for them.
I understand what you mentioned....But in my case it an arranged marriage and wee stayed together only for 3 weeks after which I came back to Canada. Hence apprehensive to show genuineness.

Can I use a collage to show 2-3 photos together, to cover more ground?

Regards
JSPCAN

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I understand what you mentioned....But in my case it an arranged marriage and wee stayed together only for 3 weeks after which I came back to Canada. Hence apprehensive to show genuineness.
If it's an arranged marriage, make sure your photos cover all of the relevant parts of the cultural/ceremonial parts with participation of family members etc at appropriate parts.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
If it's an arranged marriage, make sure your photos cover all of the relevant parts of the cultural/ceremonial parts with participation of family members etc at appropriate parts.
Hi Armoured,

Thanks for the advice. There were not many functions nor a long history (only 3 weeks) :

1) The day her family came to meet my family...a simple affair
2)The day before the wedding...dance and dinner
3)Solemnization of the ceremony at a religious place and followed by lunch at hotel
4)A religious function followed by lunch
5)One day outing/honey moon trip
4)A couple of dinners at friends

But all this happened in a span of 3 weeks......so I dont have a long history in time to show the "maturing of a relationship".....So I want to show all these little event with more coveage...so can I put these photos in a collage to cover more ground?

Regards
JSPCAN

Last edited:

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi Armoured,

Thanks for the advice. There were not many functions nor a long history (only 3 weeks) :

1) The day her family came to meet my family...a simple affair
2)The day before the wedding...dance and dinner
3)Solemnization of the ceremony at a religious place and followed by lunch at hotel
4)A religious function followed by lunch
5)One day outing/honey moon trip
4)A couple of dinners at friends

But all this happened in a span of 3 weeks......so I dont have a long history in time to show the "maturing of a relationship".....So I want to show all these little event with more coveage...so can I put these photos in a collage to cover more ground?

Regards
JSPCAN
What does putting them in a collage do? It sounds like you have the pictures you need and trying to outsmart or bend the definition of IRCC's 20 picture rule doesn't seem worth it. Personally I'm inclined to follow their instructions as written and provide 20 individual pictures. They can look at your relationship history from your forms too and overloading them with pictures in a collage isn't going to erase the fact that you have a compressed relationship history. Pick pictures that show the things you listed above, pick a couple from each event and label them well and trust that when ircc says 20 photos they mean 20 photos. Think of it this way - 2-3 pictures showing an event accomplishes the same as a collage of 20 pictures of an event and you don't run the risk of annoying an ircc officer because you didn't follow the rules.

Reactions: YVR123

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
What does putting them in a collage do? It sounds like you have the pictures you need and trying to outsmart or bend the definition of IRCC's 20 picture rule doesn't seem worth it. Personally I'm inclined to follow their instructions as written and provide 20 individual pictures. They can look at your relationship history from your forms too and overloading them with pictures in a collage isn't going to erase the fact that you have a compressed relationship history. Pick pictures that show the things you listed above, pick a couple from each event and label them well and trust that when ircc says 20 photos they mean 20 photos. Think of it this way - 2-3 pictures showing an event accomplishes the same as a collage of 20 pictures of an event and you don't run the risk of annoying an ircc officer because you didn't follow the rules.
Some 400 people attended my wedding but not all of them took pictures with us and those who took it they all didn’t take it together so how are we gonna show that it was actually attended by 300 people

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Some 400 people attended my wedding but not all of them took pictures with us and those who took it they all didn’t take it together so how are we gonna show that it was actually attended by 300 people
The more important question is why you think you need to prove it was attended by 300 people?

You don't. Unless they ask you to (which they won't unless it's obviously not true). You show it was attended by a lot of people - however you wish. You can tell them how many attended. You pick some photos that would support the claim it was a big wedding.

Reactions: YVR123

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
The more important question is why you think you need to prove it was attended by 300 people?

You don't. Unless they ask you to (which they won't unless it's obviously not true). You show it was attended by a lot of people - however you wish. You can tell them how many attended. You pick some photos that would support the claim it was a big wedding.
We gonna submit it online when we checked the dates on the pictures they were not the same as when they were taken cause we downloaded them back from our laptop is that a problem?plus we lost our chat history for the beginning three months

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We gonna submit it online when we checked the dates on the pictures they were not the same as when they were taken cause we downloaded them back from our laptop is that a problem?plus we lost our chat history for the beginning three months
You're overthinking. Or perhaps underthinking.

Does it seem remotely plausible that IRCC would use the file creation/modification date as a reliable indicator of the date of the ceremony if it can be changed, inadvertently, as easily as simply copying a file?

Does it say anywhere that they look at this?

Do the instructions say that your chat history must be complete and not have any gaps at all?

These are rhetorical questions, in part, that I think you should be able to figure out the answers to on your own.