+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequences for making false immigration accusations

Apr 23, 2009
I'm wondering what the consequences are of someone making false immigration accusations against another person.

Here is my problem:
- Someone is trying to settle a personal vendetta with me
- They have threatened to call immigration and tell them that I came here illegally

My situation:
- I was sponsored by my relative and came to Canada in 1988
- I had changed my name legally in my country of residence before I came to Canada and have kept the new name since then
- I became a citizen in 1993 and have not had any issues (run in with the law or anything like that) since I came here

This guy who is sending me completely empty threats telling me that he will call immigration and tell them that I entered illegally and that I changed my name because I was a war criminal and blah blah blah.... to get me deported (I roll my eyes every time he starts talking)

I told him to go ahead and make my day. If Immigration Canada decides to investigate, and when they find out that this guys is lying just trying to be a pain in my butt, is there anything that they can do to him for making false statements... My thought is that they probably cant/wont, but just wondering if anyone knows for sure. He lives in the US, not Canada.

I just want this jerk to get into some trouble so he learns his lesson and stops doing stupid stuff like this.

Thanks,

Apr 23, 2009
I'm not really worried about the immigration thing. I guess I just need to get this monkey off my back. I was hoping that submitting false accusations would have some consequences.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Umm, why don't you file a civil lawsuit against the guy if he is causing that much distress? Or better yet, change your phone number and just don't listen to him anymore. If he lives in a different country than you, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to ignore him. If he refuses to leave you alone, check the law in his state for harrasment. If he doesn't leave you alone after you have told him his conduct is unwelcome, he may be charged criminally with harrasment in his state (if he is doing this over the phone or internet) or whatever.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
This person is just working over your mentality and trying to put fear into you. You are a canadian Citizen for God's sake just ignore him. Just change your phone numbers and emails etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is phoning you, find out what phone company supplies his line and complain to them that you are getting unwanted phone calls from that number. If he's emailing you, contact his ISP. I know of a case where a guy was sending a woman unwanted emails and stupidly doing it from his work-email account and when she complained about it, it got him fired.