+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal sponsorship additional documents

MaryAida

Nov 24, 2021
Hi everyone,
My partner and I received an email from immigration officer who is asking for some additional docs including these:

-there is no photographic evidence of you and your sponsor spending time together.

- there is no evidence of financial interdependence.

We have already sent 20! Can you explain what kinda photos they are looking for (have this in your mind, we are in a same-sex relationship and we are from Iran. It is an illegal relationship there and has death penalty).

Also, we have already sent our joint bank account and a document that proves we have a property together. Aren't they accounted as "financial interdependent"!?

Appreciate your help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,
My partner and I received an email from immigration officer who is asking for some additional docs including these:

-there is no photographic evidence of you and your sponsor spending time together.

We have already sent 20! Can you explain what kinda photos they are looking for (have this in your mind, we are in a same-sex relationship and we are from Iran. It is an illegal relationship there and has death penalty).

Also, we have already sent our joint bank account and a document that proves we have a property together. Aren't they accounted as "financial interdependent"!?

Appreciate your help
It's not impossible or unheard of for them to misplace or not see the docs in question (eg if they were somehow separated or not scanned into the same digital repository). Safe step would be to provide copies of what you have already done with a (polite) note that these were provided before, PLUS some additional and new evidence in case they wanted some updated information.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Appreciate your help
- What were the 20 photos you sent? Were they from many different days / trips / events or just from a few events? Send the 20 photos again along with additional photos from different dates / different trips / different events where the two of you are together. Cover as wide a range of dates as you can. Provide an explanation for each.
- Send the joint bank account evidence again along with the property ownership. If one of you sends money to the other, provide evidence of that as well. For the joint bank account, I would provide a current bank statement as well as one from the past when the account was first opened which shows how long you've had that as joint owners.

MaryAida

Nov 24, 2021
It's not impossible or unheard of for them to misplace or not see the docs in question (eg if they were somehow separated or not scanned into the same digital repository). Safe step would be to provide copies of what you have already done with a (polite) note that these were provided before, PLUS some additional and new evidence in case they wanted some updated information.
Thanks for the quick respond.
Yeah, we will do the same since we do not have any other docs for the financial independent!
And send the other extra docs they have asked for.

Reactions: armoured

MaryAida

Nov 24, 2021
- What were the 20 photos you sent? Were they from many different days / trips / events or just from a few events? Send the 20 photos again along with additional photos from different dates / different trips / different events where the two of you are together. Cover as wide a range of dates as you can. Provide an explanation for each.
- Send the joint bank account evidence again along with the property ownership. If one of you sends money to the other, provide evidence of that as well. For the joint bank account, I would provide a current bank statement as well as one from the past when the account was first opened which shows how long you've had that as joint owners.
Hey. Thx.

We send photos from 2009 t0 2020. We tried to cover each year, different dates and locations. But we have more photos. So, yeah i will send the ones I have already send and add new ones as well.
We also bought a property together 2 years ago and send the related docs as well.
Another docs we sent is a mutual "power of attorney"..do you think it means anything to them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey. Thx.

We send photos from 2009 t0 2020. We tried to cover each year, different dates and locations. But we have more photos. So, yeah i will send the ones I have already send and add new ones as well.
We also bought a property together 2 years ago and send the related docs as well.
Another docs we sent is a mutual "power of attorney"..do you think it means anything to them?
I would send all of that again plus anything else you have.

It's good that you have photos from 2009 to 2020. And yes, I think the power of attorney is helpful.

MaryAida

Nov 24, 2021
I would send all of that again plus anything else you have.

It's good that you have photos from 2009 to 2020. And yes, I think the power of attorney is helpful.
You are right.
His email is like we have not sent any of these while we have!!!! That's what worries me, bcoz how many more docs a couple with our situation can provide!
We are going to send again and wait to c what happens next!
Thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are right.
His email is like we have not sent any of these while we have!!!! That's what worries me, bcoz how many more docs a couple with our situation can provide!
We are going to send again and wait to c what happens next!
Thanks again
If you haven't done so recently, I would also order your GCMS notes. These obviously take a while to arrive. So you should respond to the request for additional information. However I think it would be good to see the GCMS notes as well.

MaryAida

Nov 24, 2021
If you haven't done so recently, I would also order your GCMS notes. These obviously take a while to arrive. So you should respond to the request for additional information. However I think it would be good to see the GCMS notes as well.
I had no idea such a thing exists. Thanks a lot! I'm gonna do it for sure. I have 90 days to send the additional info and it seems it takes 30 to 40 days to receive my GCMS.