Conjugal Partner Immigration Questions

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andreaquebec said:
Hello,

I am with a canadian guy since Dec 2014. We met in Canada, we spent one month together and I returned to Brazil because I have a son for a previous relationship and I have his guard.
Since dec 2014, He went to Brazil 5 times( each time He stays almost one month) to stay with me (He stays in my home) and I went to Canada one time and spent almost 6 months with him.
I am in an other sprocess of immigration but it is taking forever to get my CSQ so He decided to sponsor me as conjugal partner. We dont want to get marriage but of course we intending to spend the rest of our lives together.
Nobody is crazy to spend money to come to Brazil 5 times just for a simple affair. He knows all my friend and I know His friends.
He have the same age, He has a university degree and I have MBA so we have the same level
About money, both have good cars and a good house( me in Brazil and HE in Canada).

We decided apply outside Canada because I have a son and He is studying. If we apply inside my son couldnt study because it is very expensive for immigrants.

Do you think is it possible to apply as Conjugal partner outside Canada?

Thanks
As others have already stated (in your other threads), a conjugal application for you is doomed to fail. There is no valid reason for it to be approved, because there is nothing that is truly stopping you from getting married, or living together to achieve Common-law status.

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Hi..depending on the professional feedback ..i wanted to ask about my case!
I have been in a same sex relationshio for 7 years
We are from lebanon, but 4 years ago ahe travelled to canada on a WP and now she has the PR.
No1 knows of this relationship at all, not even our family, cz they might kill us..
And due to religious, culturaland family norms, this kind of relationship is impossible to happen..
We couldnt live together not marry, we are midtwenties! So basically we live with our parents!.
I applied twice as a visitor visa but got rejected! She constantly visits lebanon each year, we go out,get intimate and viit each other familys pretending to be best friends..
I have photos of us, whatsapp and skype chats.
But we dont have share bank accounts due to distance!
I cant't get letters to prove this relationship because its a secret..
So what do you think? Is conjugal partner a success?

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
megamind_moon said:
Hi..depending on the professional feedback ..i wanted to ask about my case!
I have been in a same sex relationshio for 7 years
We are from lebanon, but 4 years ago ahe travelled to canada on a WP and now she has the PR.
No1 knows of this relationship at all, not even our family, cz they might kill us..
And due to religious, culturaland family norms, this kind of relationship is impossible to happen..
We couldnt live together not marry, we are midtwenties! So basically we live with our parents!.
I applied twice as a visitor visa but got rejected! She constantly visits lebanon each year, we go out,get intimate and viit each other familys pretending to be best friends..
I have photos of us, whatsapp and skype chats.
But we dont have share bank accounts due to distance!
This sounds like the perfect scenario for a successful conjugal application. There are cultural and immigration barriers preventing you from marrying or establishing common law. That's what they want to see in conjugal apps.

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
If this is a successful case as you claim...how much time would this kind of application usually take?
And would the parentz know of it by any means? Could this process be asked to be done with secrecy?
Cause the purpose if this application is bcz we dont want them to know about the relationship!! If they knw, we're dead!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
megamind_moon said:
It is very hard to believe that you have been in a 7 year relationship and no one knows, especially since your partner has been living in Canda for many years where she is safe to disclose it to friends/colleagues.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
megamind_moon said:
And would the parentz know of it by any means? Could this process be asked to be done with secrecy?
Cause the purpose if this application is bcz we dont want them to know about the relationship!! If they knw, we're dead!!!!
There is no reason for IRCC to communicate with your families. They will just communicate with sponsor and applicant directly.

But don't you think they will eventually realize something after you permanently move to Canada??

While you definitely have barriers to becoming married/common-law, you would also need to prove a true conjugal relationship exists. This is more than just a bunch of photos and time spent on trips together. A conjugal couple should essentially be the same as a married couple, in that they have shared finances, accounts, insurance on each other, etc. Also as you mention you will not be able to get anyone to write testimonial letters for you since you've kept everything secret. IRCC may feel you 2 are simply dating long term.

While a conjugal app has a chance to succeed, it may be incredibly difficult. Make sure you've exhausted all possibilities of getting married somewhere in the world besides Canada. If you can somehow get married and then apply, it will be a much easier process.

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
It is very hard to believe that you have been in a 7 year relationship and no one knows, especially since your partner has been living in Canda for many years where she is safe to disclose it to friends/colleagues.
Ita not hard to believe, taking into consideration everything i know about her life

megamind_moon

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Rob_TO said:
There is no reason for IRCC to communicate with your families. They will just communicate with sponsor and applicant directly.

But don't you think they will eventually realize something after you permanently move to Canada??

While you definitely have barriers to becoming married/common-law, you would also need to prove a true conjugal relationship exists. This is more than just a bunch of photos and time spent on trips together. A conjugal couple should essentially be the same as a married couple, in that they have shared finances, accounts, insurance on each other, etc. Also as you mention you will not be able to get anyone to write testimonial letters for you since you've kept everything secret. IRCC may feel you 2 are simply dating long term.

While a conjugal app has a chance to succeed, it may be incredibly difficult. Make sure you've exhausted all possibilities of getting married somewhere in the world besides Canada. If you can somehow get married and then apply, it will be a much easier process.
If it works and i permenantly move there, we could tell our parents anythng to hide, like a job work anythng..
Bcz of where i live ye its so hard to trust any1 on such issue,one rumour will end us in jail, sexual harrassement by guards and even being killed!!
As for insurance and accounts...i still barely have a job, and she started her real work n. Canada..so practically she's million km away from me!! U cnt join finance whn two ppl are separated!!
No we r definitely not dating only!!

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
megamind_moon said:
Ita not hard to believe, taking into consideration everything i know about her life
We know nothing about that. Nor does IRCC.

Applying as a conjugal couple, it won't be surprising that nobody from your conservative family in the middle east is prepared to write gushing letters of praise on your relationship. With one of you being a Canadian resident, it will be surprising that nobody in Canada can vouch for her talking about you, or displaying photos of you in her home.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
megamind_moon said:
It is hard to believe. As I already said, it is perfectly safe for your partner here in Canada to disclose the relationship to friends/colleagues. A 7 year relationship that absolutely no one else knows about is a massive red flag.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
megamind_moon said:
As for insurance and accounts...i still barely have a job, and she started her real work n. Canada..so practically she's million km away from me!! U cnt join finance whn two ppl are separated!!
No we r definitely not dating only!!
As I said, all you have are photos, communications, and time spent together. This will make a very tough sell that you are in a "married like" relationship.

Read this manual on what it takes to prove a conjugal relationship exists that would satisfy an immigration officer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
5.26. Assessment of conjugal relationships

While you may have the physical aspects, your financial and social aspects seem to be non-existent.

My advice is the same. Seriously explore a 3rd country you could possibly travel to that allows same-sex marriage, and get married there. Only if this is really not possible, then proceed with your conjugal app. Your conjugal app may be successful, but an app as married couple will be much quicker and easier by far.

jtw

Jul 26, 2017
Hi All,

Also seeking some feedback, but based on what I have read thus far on this thread, think I might already have my answer.

I am midway through an application for conjugal partner sponsorship but am now thinking my partner and I just have to get married.

We have been together for 5 years doing long distance with multiple, multiple visits both ways and mountains of valid evidence to prove our relationship and she (the Canadian) is now pregnant hence the more pressing need to apply in order for myself to move to Canada.

We have not yet got married because: (1) I have only been legally divorced since 2014 [but ok we theoretically could have since], (2) I have been living in a foreign country due to work and study commitments which have kept me there, (3) immigration has been a barrier to living together and (4) we don't necessarily feel an urgent need to get married as we know we are committed to each other and now have our baby on the way to solidify that.

I was hoping that our solid evidence base (12 visits over the 5 years, whatsapp history, skype history, photos, emails, flight receipts, holidays, 3 shared bank accounts and now a baby enroute) plus simply the immigration barrier would be more than enough to satisfy conjugal partnership? What do people think? Is that sufficient or must we get married? We will if we have to of course but weren't necessarily in a rush to do so and wanted to take our time with that. Well that was the plan anyway...

I've read on the cic website that they have a more open policy just recently with the new government etc and are attempting to streamline the process to make it easier for couples to be together.

Any thoughts welcome.
J :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi All,

Also seeking some feedback, but based on what I have read thus far on this thread, think I might already have my answer.

I am midway through an application for conjugal partner sponsorship but am now thinking my partner and I just have to get married.

We have been together for 5 years doing long distance with multiple, multiple visits both ways and mountains of valid evidence to prove our relationship and she (the Canadian) is now pregnant hence the more pressing need to apply in order for myself to move to Canada.

We have not yet got married because: (1) I have only been legally divorced since 2014 [but ok we theoretically could have since], (2) I have been living in a foreign country due to work and study commitments which have kept me there, (3) immigration has been a barrier to living together and (4) we don't necessarily feel an urgent need to get married as we know we are committed to each other and now have our baby on the way to solidify that.

I was hoping that our solid evidence base (12 visits over the 5 years, whatsapp history, skype history, photos, emails, flight receipts, holidays, 3 shared bank accounts and now a baby enroute) plus simply the immigration barrier would be more than enough to satisfy conjugal partnership? What do people think? Is that sufficient or must we get married? We will if we have to of course but weren't necessarily in a rush to do so and wanted to take our time with that. Well that was the plan anyway...

I've read on the cic website that they have a more open policy just recently with the new government etc and are attempting to streamline the process to make it easier for couples to be together.

Any thoughts welcome.
J :)
Basically if you can both legally get married but are choosing not to do so for whatever reason, then you have practically zero chance for a conjugal app.

Get married or become common-law, and then apply. Seriously don't even consider the conjugal route.

It's stated in multiple sections of the OP manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
if they are not married, they must be common-law partners. There is NO provision for fiancé(e)s or “intended common-law partners” in IRPA. If a Canadian and a foreign national can get married or can live together and establish a common-law relationship, this is what they are expected to have done before they submit sponsorship and immigration applications.

The conjugal partner category is mainly intended for partners where neither common-law partner status nor marriage is possible, usually because of marital status or sexual orientation

Officers should also inquire whether the couple is planning to marry. If they are planning to marry, then they are fiancés and may not have established a conjugal relationship. Officers should explain that there is no fiancé(e) category in Canada’s immigration legislation, and that the foreign national fiancé(e) must be married to their Canadian sponsor and apply to immigrate as a married spouse

Last edited: