+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confussed!!!!!!

maverickbhs

Feb 25, 2012
Dear All Friends and Seniors,

I have been a hidden reader of all the blogs for the past 2 years. I need to write this post to get some sugessions from all of you who has undervent the similar situation in your life. Basically I'm an IT guy working for an Bank in UAE with 13-14 years of exprience and paid decently. My wife is also in IT working for an MNC and we have a kid who goes to a play school. We have received our PR and made our 1st landing also as a short vacation. Now we are at a situation to move to canada and start from start or just continue for some more years and take a call. If i push it for some more time i know my age is also catching up (im 36 now). I would like to hear from people who has exprience the similar situations and kindly share your views / information on the below....

1.About the IT job market in the areas of Project Management and IT Operations (Which is my domain) and ERP SME (My wife's domian).

2. A ballpark figure of salary range would be appreciated.

3. How is the standard of education is Canada. I know its free for public schools and private schools are costlier. I would like to know if they have IB Curriculum in goverment schools.

4. Is it good time to move to Canada or its better to wait for a year or 2.

5. Having said i have a good job (offcourse every 1 knows there is no social security in UAE) and good lifestyle will be a good choise to move to canada or not.

Rgds
Ivan

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
1. IT is one sector you can manage jobs Canadian experience little faster than other. Some of my friends got into testing jobs within months. Some into developer jobs even faster. And also one of them is SAP still looking after an year. So in case by case it varies.

2. IT tester around 50K, Developer around 70 K based on my friends' experiences.

3. There are IB curriculum in government schools. I know several schools in Ontario offer that.

4. & 5. These should be your choices where to live.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
1. PM is getting more and more a commodity here, means salaries are going down. ERP (i.e. Oracle/SAP/JDE) is still a quite hot skill here. Overall keep in mind that offshoring has not really started yet in Canada and we're about to see some changes over the next couple of years in regards to salaries (i.e. in operations, development and testing).

2. Depending on region and level between $50K and $90K. Toronto pays by far the highest salaries but has the highest cost of living as well.

4. neither of you/your wife should not have a big trouble getting at least one job. but do not expect to remain at the same standard of living for the next couple of years

5. it's up to you and how flexible you are. Canada is a great country but it's not paradise. There's a lot of people who did not make it here even though they were highly skilled and motivated. On paper I'd say the chances of making it in Canada are not too bad based on your skill sets. Nonetheless, it means to accept compromises and presumably a number of years frustration.

maverickbhs

Feb 25, 2012
Hi, Thankyou for your inputs. Appricieate if others could also share your views and sugessions.

BTW can you provide me the list of schools which has IB Program.

Rgds
Ivan

maverickbhs

Feb 25, 2012
Hi All,

Does anyone have details about list of public schools which has IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) schools in Ontario, Canada.

Rgds
Ivan

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maverickbhs said:
Hi All,

Does anyone have details about list of public schools which has IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) schools in Ontario, Canada.

Rgds
Ivan
C'mon, you're an IT guy and did not try to GOOGLE it. If I'm not mistaken, GOOGLE gives you the following link when you copy your words IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) in Canada:
http://www.ibo.org/country/CA/index.cfm (You can seach for IB schools in any country)

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
C'mon, you're an IT guy and did not try to GOOGLE it.
that was exactly my thought when I read it ...

personally I believe, finding an IB school in toronto is in direct comparison to all other immigration aspects less than a minor issue....