+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion related to NOC Code

Karan3640

Jul 5, 2023
Hii everyone,

I work as Nursing/psw coordinator, my job duties matches with Nur coordinator NOC Code (31300), however job requirements does not match completely. I don't have nursing degree, but I am not providing direct care. I highlighted my main duties from 31300 code.

My confusion is should I choose Nursing Coordinator NOC Code(31300) or Medical Admin Assistant code (13112).
I have Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (India), and Healthcare Admin and Service Management (2 -years certificate course) in Canada.

Please see Nur Coordinator job duties and employment requirements, and suggest me which code should I choose.

Nur Coordinator Main duties (31300)

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

• Supervise registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel
  • Evaluate patients' needs and ensure that required nursing care is delivered
  • Set up and coordinate nursing services in conjunction with other health services
  • Ensure quality nursing care is provided and appropriate administrative procedures are followed
  • Assist in the establishment of unit policies and procedures
  • Administer nursing unit budget and ensure that supplies and equipment are available
  • Assist in the selection, evaluation and professional development of nursing personnel
  • Collaborate on research projects related to nursing and medical care and multidisciplinary services
  • May provide direct patient care
Employment requirements

• Completion of a university, college or other approved registered nursing, or registered psychiatric nursing, program is required.
  • Courses in management studies or a degree, diploma or certificate in management or administration may be required.
  • Registration with a regulatory body is required for registered nurses in all provinces and territories and for registered psychiatric nurses in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and the Yukon.
  • Clinical experience as a registered nurse, or as a registered psychiatric nurse, is required