+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding IMM1294E form for SDS

ankitagoswami

Mar 25, 2021
I have a question for which I have seen very confusing answers across different threads. Could someone who has successfully applied and received an SDS study permit for a 2 year Master's degree program please help me understand this:
1. What should the tuition, room & board, others & funds available be? Should it reflect one year or two years of study? I have paid the first year's tuition fee and got a GIC certificate for CAD 10K.
Should the funds available reflect two years' expenses?
2. If the end date of the program is not mentioned in the LOA, what should we enter as the "to" date for duration of expected study?

Thanks much in advance!

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
This is what I did
1. Tuition (I wrote the first year tuition fee that was mentioned on my Letter of Acceptance, issued by the University). I wrote C$10,000 in room and board, since I'm going to be using the GIC funds for that purpose. I left Other empty.

2. If you know the approximate date of the end of the program, write it down. I knew my program would end in April 2022, as the university listed my program as a 16 month program in the LoA. So, I calculated the approximate date of completion and put it down as the last day of the month. If you are not sure about this, or the program duration in general, I advise you to email the university and ask them what you can put down as the date of completion. This is *-marked in the application form and cannot blank.

ankitagoswami

Mar 25, 2021
This is what I did
1. Tuition (I wrote the first year tuition fee that was mentioned on my Letter of Acceptance, issued by the University). I wrote C$10,000 in room and board, since I'm going to be using the GIC funds for that purpose. I left Other empty.

2. If you know the approximate date of the end of the program, write it down. I knew my program would end in April 2022, as the university listed my program as a 16 month program in the LoA. So, I calculated the approximate date of completion and put it down as the last day of the month. If you are not sure about this, or the program duration in general, I advise you to email the university and ask them what you can put down as the date of completion. This is *-marked in the application form and cannot blank.
Thank you so much for your response, RamSatt. Could you pls also tell me what you entered under "funds available"? Was that the total funds for your entire program? Did you have to show some proof for that?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Thank you so much for your response, RamSatt. Could you pls also tell me what you entered under "funds available"? Was that the total funds for your entire program? Did you have to show some proof for that?
I attached a financial certificate in the "client information" under optional documents. I furnished details of the funds I have to support my tuition, room, board and cost of living (other expenses) for the entire duration of my program (16 months). The total amount in that certificate, which was converted to Canadian Dollars is what I mentioned in that book (Total Funds available).

I made sure the amount was greater than the Tuition and Living Cost combined. Calculate the tuition for the later semesters taking the yearly increase into consideration here. I added C$2,000 dollars to the total program tuition, to account for this. In terms of cost of living, I estimated C$1,000 per month (Rent, Utilities, Groceries, Phone + Internet, Transport, Miscellaneous) and multiplied it my 16, to arrive at C$16,000 for this. My tuition amount covers Medical Insurance, so I did not add this separately, if yours doesn't, you need to add this too.

Last edited:

ankitagoswami

Mar 25, 2021
I attached a financial certificate in the "client information" under optional documents. I furnished details of the funds I have to support my tuition, room, board and cost of living (other expenses) for the entire duration of my program (16 months). The total amount in that certificate, which was converted to Canadian Dollars is what I mentioned in that book (Total Funds available).

I made sure the amount was greater than the Tuition and Living Cost combined. Calculate the tuition for the later semesters taking the yearly increase into consideration here. I added C$2,000 dollars to the total program tuition, to account for this. In terms of cost of living, I estimated C$1,000 per month (Rent, Utilities, Groceries, Phone + Internet, Transport, Miscellaneous) and multiplied it my 16, to arrive at C$16,000 for this. My tuition amount covers Medical Insurance, so I did not add this separately, if yours doesn't, you need to add this too.
Thanks much! Really appreciate the detailed explanation. God bless!

Reactions: RamSatt