+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion over NOC for Management Trainee

iqbalsingh9

Mar 5, 2020
So I noticed that pinning down a NOC for management trainee can be dreadful task and thought this community can give some help.

1. 3 Years: I did 3 years of management trainee program in a logistics company, rotating between: air freight department (operations), sea freight department (operations), sales management & supply chain solutions (somewhat consulting). Got ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor certification also during this period and conducted ISO trainings + upgrading the quality management manual of the corporation
  2. 9 Months: I finally settled down in supply chain solutions department from September, 2019.
So of course I'd want to make use of 3 years experience of MT than my current assistant manager role which is only of 9 months

Well, it proves that my job duties have been all over the place and I can't pin down 1 specific NOC that can cover it all. I was thinking on either 0601 or 4163. I have Bachelors in Business Administration if that helps.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So I noticed that pinning down a NOC for management trainee can be dreadful task and thought this community can give some help.

1. 3 Years: I did 3 years of management trainee program in a logistics company, rotating between: air freight department (operations), sea freight department (operations), sales management & supply chain solutions (somewhat consulting). Got ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor certification also during this period and conducted ISO trainings + upgrading the quality management manual of the corporation
  2. 9 Months: I finally settled down in supply chain solutions department from September, 2019.
So of course I'd want to make use of 3 years experience of MT than my current assistant manager role which is only of 9 months

Well, it proves that my job duties have been all over the place and I can't pin down 1 specific NOC that can cover it all. I was thinking on either 0601 or 4163. I have Bachelors in Business Administration if that helps.
I can't help you with the NOC but I would say this - Do not treat your job reference letter as your resume. I understand in management development programs your duties may be all over the place but think of what can you actually get on paper from your company. Based on that decide your NOC.

Reactions: Tanzina022

Tanzina022

Oct 20, 2020
I can't help you with the NOC but I would say this - Do not treat your job reference letter as your resume. I understand in management development programs your duties may be all over the place but think of what can you actually get on paper from your company. Based on that decide your NOC.
I am in a similar situation. My job roles match with the main duties of NOC 4163 (Business development officer), whereas my designation was "Management Trainee" in the Business Development Department. So, can I use this Management trainee job title to claim points for express entry?

Reactions: Yogi Saurabh

Yogi Saurabh

May 8, 2020

Iqbal singh, so what was the outcome? I am in a similar situation where I have to make a decision to join the company do this position. If you were able to claim the points for it? I can make the decision accordingly.

Yogi Saurabh

May 8, 2020
I am in a similar situation. My job roles match with the main duties of NOC 4163 (Business development officer), whereas my designation was "Management Trainee" in the Business Development Department. So, can I use this Management trainee job title to claim points for express entry?
Tanzina, so what was the outcome? I am in a similar situation where I have to make a decision to join the company do this position. If you were able to claim the points for it? I can make the decision accordingly.