+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion between PGDip or MBA

sugandha

Oct 6, 2014
Hello ,

I am interested to pursue business studies at BC,Canada, although i have technical background in software along with Btech and work experience of one year in same field. My IELTS score is 7.5 overall. I no longer want to be in technical field and want to pursue business field. I am looking forward for January 2015 intake. Please guide me if i shall pursue MBA at canada or PGDip. Which is good in terms of job prospects? I have chartered out camosun college and Selkirk college for PGDip. However, Selkirk PGDip has a formulated length of 2 years.So , good to get 3 years PGWP. But camosun has formulated length of 16 months. But, apart from that, main concern is job opportunities. How good are jobs and salaries? Is the work experience in business field considered under skilled workers category?? Another option is MBA at Victoria university which is still far less expensive than all others. Which option is better of them or any other option of which i may be unaware of. Please guide me into this. I am very apprehensive for one wrong decisions can have greater repercussions later on. I seek guidance of anyone experienced in this regard (tiger007) and any other who can guide me. I hope to hear from you at its earliest.

Thanks
Sugandha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MBA has much better job prospects than PDG.

Saptak

Dec 14, 2014
Hi

I am also planning to go there in the next year i.e. September 2015 for the Human Resource program PGDM which is of 16 months. Can anyone help with my questions?

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
sugandha said:
Hello ,

I am interested to pursue business studies at BC,Canada, although i have technical background in software along with Btech and work experience of one year in same field. My IELTS score is 7.5 overall. I no longer want to be in technical field and want to pursue business field. I am looking forward for January 2015 intake. Please guide me if i shall pursue MBA at canada or PGDip. Which is good in terms of job prospects? I have chartered out camosun college and Selkirk college for PGDip. However, Selkirk PGDip has a formulated length of 2 years.So , good to get 3 years PGWP. But camosun has formulated length of 16 months. But, apart from that, main concern is job opportunities. How good are jobs and salaries? Is the work experience in business field considered under skilled workers category?? Another option is MBA at Victoria university which is still far less expensive than all others. Which option is better of them or any other option of which i may be unaware of. Please guide me into this. I am very apprehensive for one wrong decisions can have greater repercussions later on. I seek guidance of anyone experienced in this regard (tiger007) and any other who can guide me. I hope to hear from you at its earliest.

Thanks
Sugandha
I m not experienced forum member. But I guess I got fair share amount of knowledge on this topic.
there are several factors u gotta take into account before choosing between these two .
In general , of course MBA is a better option then PGdip in terms of qualifications and job prospects etc etc. Also VISA chances are far much higher for MBA then PGdip

but .. prerequisites for getting into MBA Program are far more higher. Like applicants require to have GRE or GMAT. Some universities also require applicants to have work experience . Also GPA requirements are quiet high.
And MBA tuition fees is going to be almost double to triple of any PGdip.

In a nutshell . if u fulfill all the prerequisites for MBA program and got good bank balance to pay for it . no doubt go for it .

Saptak

Dec 14, 2014
dufferdexter said:
I m not experienced forum member. But I guess I got fair share amount of knowledge on this topic.
there are several factors u gotta take into account before choosing between these two .
In general , of course MBA is a better option then PGdip in terms of qualifications and job prospects etc etc. Also VISA chances are far much higher for MBA then PGdip

but .. prerequisites for getting into MBA Program are far more higher. Like applicants require to have GRE or GMAT. Some universities also require applicants to have work experience . Also GPA requirements are quiet high.
And MBA tuition fees is going to be almost double to triple of any PGdip.

In a nutshell . if u fulfill all the prerequisites for MBA program and got good bank balance to pay for it . no doubt go for it .

But what do you think of these colleges? Is it possible to get a decent job after completing our studies? I am going for Post Degree Diploma in Business Administration in Human Resources Management. What do you think? Does it have a prospect there?