+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused with the Highest degree Earned

Jacob17

Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone,
I've got a doubt regarding the 4 a) question while calculating the score for the Express Entry.
In my case, I did a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (4 yrs) from Back Home and did an ECA from WES.
And a Post Graduate Diploma (16 months) in Canada.
I got a PGWP for 1 year.
Which option should I choose regarding the highest degree earned?
1) Bachelor's Degree (Three or more years at University)
2) Two or more Certificates, Diploma or Degree. One must be for a program of three years.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you!!

Prashanth1227

Nov 11, 2019
As the original comments states, even I received a double degree from WES and I'm not satisfied with it and would like to get ECA done from CES. I would like to create an express entry profile now with the ECA report received from WES and later update the profile once I receive the CES report. Could you please let me know if I can update my ECA after I create an Express entry profile?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
As the original comments states, even I received a double degree from WES and I'm not satisfied with it and would like to get ECA done from CES. I would like to create an express entry profile now with the ECA report received from WES and later update the profile once I receive the CES report. Could you please let me know if I can update my ECA after I create an Express entry profile?
What's the reason for your dissatisfaction? What better outcome you're expecting?

Prashanth1227

Nov 11, 2019
What's the reason for your dissatisfaction? What better outcome you're expecting?

I'm looking for Master's grade in my ECA. WES has changed the rules and doesn't give Masters grade to Indian Universities anymore unless the individual has completed his/her master's degree from IIM or IIT. As this is the case, I'll not be receiving the master's degree in my ECA and instead receive a double degree which would affect my CRS score by 7 points.

I want to apply for ECA from CES which is providing Master's degree to Indian students now.