+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused whether the colleges in Canada good or universities?

aroravishal50

Jan 16, 2014
Consultants in my region are forcing me to join colleges instead of universities. I will be applying for bachelors in computer engineering so when I apply to college is it possible to transfer to university. If yes then is it any difference between 4 years degree in university & 3years diploma(in coll)ege+1 year degree in university.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
aroravishal50 said:
Consultants in my region are forcing me to join colleges instead of universities. I will be applying for bachelors in computer engineering so when I apply to college is it possible to transfer to university. If yes then is it any difference between 4 years degree in university & 3years diploma(in coll)ege+1 year degree in university.
You can transfer to University from most of the college. I got my BSc in Comp Sci from University and doing good but its actually easy to get jobs or its faster to get jobs in Comp Sci if you have college degree than Uni degree. Some college also have 1/2/3 yrs diploma or highr diploma and also some Uni have 3 yrs BSc (Windsor University). For immigration the point count same. If you finish your college or transfer your credit from college and finish in Uni then there are no difference with someone who studied 4 years in University.

aroravishal50

Jan 16, 2014
So you were in which college and is it hard to get in university well I am going to apply for university of Ottawa. I am also thinking of going to Saskatchewan applying to universities their. Is Saskatchewan a good place to study and live as compared to Ontario? :-X