+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused..... Passport requested before final decision...your advise please

Abu Zuhair

May 31, 2006
Dear all,

I have received an email from the Canadian embassy in Cairo regarding the sponsorship of my wife which made me confused....
• I sent them all the documents they asked for in the email they sent already when I submitted the sponsorship application but they are asking again here for the same papers ...I am wondering if they need just a photocopies or they need new papers with new dates...
• I am confused if they need my wife scanned copy current passport and previous passport because her current passport is just few month old or they need the actual current and previous passport....and if they need the actual passport why they need it now if they do not have final decision in the case because she might need for travel
• They also asked me for updated Police certificate from Palestinian authority despite that I sent them one with the sponsorship application which is still valid until July 2017....the problem here if I will ask for new police certificate it takes more than one month to get it and here they gave me 15 days to provide them with the documents

below is the message I received...I will appreciate your advice and input in this case

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office subsequent to the receipt of a sponsorship undertaking on your behalf by......

Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent as scanned copies by courier:

(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s visits to you before and after marriage (copies of airline tickets, and full copy of his passport showing entry and exit stamps , boarding passes)
(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s residence in Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from his current employer, ...)
(X) Your updated original police certificate from Palestinian Authority with English translation
(X) 2 recent photos for you. Please ensure to provide the photos as per the attached photo specifications.
(X) Your original current passport as well as any other previous passports used during the past five (5) years (in case your current passport does not cover the past five years) to enable us to issue your immigrant visa once your case is ready for finalization.
(X) Please indicate your height and eye color in a separate sheet

You are requested to submit the above documents to our office within (Fifteen) 15 days of the date of this email.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Abu Zuhair said:
Dear all,

I have received an email from the Canadian embassy in Cairo regarding the sponsorship of my wife which made me confused....
• I sent them all the documents they asked for in the email they sent already when I submitted the sponsorship application but they are asking again here for the same papers ...I am wondering if they need just a photocopies or they need new papers with new dates...
• I am confused if they need my wife scanned copy current passport and previous passport because her current passport is just few month old or they need the actual current and previous passport....and if they need the actual passport why they need it now if they do not have final decision in the case because she might need for travel
• They also asked me for updated Police certificate from Palestinian authority despite that I sent them one with the sponsorship application which is still valid until July 2017....the problem here if I will ask for new police certificate it takes more than one month to get it and here they gave me 15 days to provide them with the documents

below is the message I received...I will appreciate your advice and input in this case

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office subsequent to the receipt of a sponsorship undertaking on your behalf by......

Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent as scanned copies by courier:

(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s visits to you before and after marriage (copies of airline tickets, and full copy of his passport showing entry and exit stamps , boarding passes)
(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s residence in Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from his current employer, ...)
(X) Your updated original police certificate from Palestinian Authority with English translation
(X) 2 recent photos for you. Please ensure to provide the photos as per the attached photo specifications.
(X) Your original current passport as well as any other previous passports used during the past five (5) years (in case your current passport does not cover the past five years) to enable us to issue your immigrant visa once your case is ready for finalization.
(X) Please indicate your height and eye color in a separate sheet

You are requested to submit the above documents to our office within (Fifteen) 15 days of the date of this email.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.
Very strange that they asked for additional documentation at the same time as your passport. Really you have no choice but to follow their direction. I suspect they are stating that as long as you can provide the additional documents the rest of your application looks good.

Abu Zuhair

May 31, 2006
Now after I send them all what they asked for. I got the below letter from Cairo Canadian Embassy regrading my wife sponsorship application. My question is what kind of proof should I submit as proof about the resignation from my current company.

I already submitted strong evidence that I will be moving to Canada like job offers and rental agreements...etc. The thing is I do not want to resign right now since my wife sponsorship visa is not ready.

My question is ....Should I resign immediately from my job in order to satisfy Canada immigration.

I appreciate your advice,please.

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office subsequent to the receipt of a sponsorship undertaking on your behalf by...

Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email:

(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s resignation from his current employer

Regards,

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile
South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221
Téléphone | Telephone.: (202) 2461 2200
Télécopieur | Facsimile Fax: (202) 2461 2203
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada