+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused on what jobs to list. Please guide

manniee

Apr 20, 2017
Hello
I have created EE profile from Australia and i am confused on what jobs to list in my work history.

1. I have worked for almost 2 years in an IT job, then as a cashier for 7 months and now as a retail supervisor for which i will be claiming points. So, if i list my previous jobs in personal work history, can IRCC verify these jobs by contacting my employers? Just want to know so that i can inform them because its been more than 3 years on those jobs and i am not in touch with the employers.

2. I have a masters degree in IT, but my primary job isn't related to field of study. Its skill level B. Does this affect the application in any way?

Thankyou.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello
I have created EE profile from Australia and i am confused on what jobs to list in my work history.

1. I have worked for almost 2 years in an IT job, then as a cashier for 7 months and then cleaning supervisor for which i will be claiming points. So, if i list my previous jobs in personal work history, can IRCC verify these jobs by contacting my employers? Just want to know so that i can inform them because its been more than 3 years on those jobs and i am not in touch with the employers.

2. I have a masters degree in IT, but i was unable to get an IT job here, i am currently cleaning supervisor. Does this affect the application in any way?

Thankyou.
1) For express entry you can include any experience as long as that experience is in Skill type 0, A or B. You can't claim it if it's in Skill type C or D. Also, the experience that you wish to claim as primary make sure it's atleast 12 continuous months longer or above.

Further, contacting the employer completely depends on the processing officer. If they feel the requirement of contacting them, they will.

2) No.

Reactions: manniee

manniee

Apr 20, 2017
1) For express entry you can include any experience as long as that experience is in Skill type 0, A or B. You can't claim it if it's in Skill type C or D. Also, the experience that you wish to claim as primary make sure it's atleast 12 continuous months longer or above.

Further, contacting the employer completely depends on the processing officer. If they feel the requirement of contacting them, they will.

2) No.
Thankyou for response.
The cashier skill level is D, i worked there for 7 months. So should i remove it from my profile? Or just keep it ?
The one i am claiming is more than 1 year and is B.
I am confused for lisiting the cashier in work history.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thankyou for response.
The cashier skill level is D, i worked there for 7 months. So should i remove it from my profile? Or just keep it ?
The one i am claiming is more than 1 year and is B.
I am confused for lisiting the cashier in work history.
You can list it now or later after the invitation in the personal history.