+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused! Is Option C Printout required even if I have Notice of Assessment?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Thanks. It's just confusing because on IMM 5481 (April 2012) -- Sponsorship Evaluation, it says "Make sure you include with your application the original Option C Printout obtained from the CRA and, if applicable, evidence of your employment (Evidence, this, we have.). Follow instructions to this effect on the Document Checklist." Then when we checked the list, Option C is not there. We will just go ahead and submit it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Thank you.
You can submit paperwork after your application is submitted too. Try not to focus too much on it. I only supplied both because they suggested one or the other, I submitted both. They also stated for 12 months prior to the application, I submitted 24 months.

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
Well it depends on the timeline you are talking. Outland or inland? CPC-M won't even open it before you can get the number from CRA. Once you have AOR you can send those by Case Specific Enquiry and they will be electronically attached to your file.
Is AOR same as being approved as sponsor? We are applying outland, will that matter? Thanks. Yes, we're just gonna go with submitting it without it and sending it as soon as we have a file number.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Is AOR same as being approved as sponsor? We are applying outland, will that matter? Thanks. Yes, we're just gonna go with submitting it without it and sending it as soon as we have a file number.
No and no.

AOR is they acknowledging that you have made an application (with the minimum required paperwork). SA is where they have approved the sponsor. There is several weeks between typically.

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
You can submit paperwork after your application is submitted too. Try not to focus too much on it. I only supplied both because they suggested one or the other, I submitted both. They also stated for 12 months prior to the application, I submitted 24 months.
Submit paperwork via email, you say? Okay. I will not focus on it. We will submit it tomorrow then! Thanks for your help guys.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Submit paperwork via email, you say? Okay. I will not focus on it. We will submit it tomorrow then! Thanks for your help guys.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
No and no.

AOR is they acknowledging that you have made an application (with the minimum required paperwork). SA is where they have approved the sponsor. There is several weeks between typically.
Oh, right. Now I get it. So in between the AOR and SA, I can send in via CSE the Option C, is my understanding correct? Thanks a lot for the help. :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Oh, right. Now I get it. So in between the AOR and SA, I can send in via CSE the Option C, is my understanding correct? Thanks a lot for the help. :D
Yes, but to be honest it's not going to matter. If you are not a grandparent sponsoring your child and child's child then you won't be assessed anyway... just one works. but yes, after AOR if you must send it.

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
Yes, but to be honest it's not going to matter. If you are not a grandparent sponsoring your child and child's child then you won't be assessed anyway... just one works. but yes, after AOR if you must send it.
Not yet a grandparent. :D We need kids first.. :D
Kidding aside, we'll do what you suggested. Thanks again!! I owe you a lot! Thanks!!

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
No and no.

"several weeks"?? so if it has still been several months, does this mean there is a delay?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
"several weeks"?? so if it has still been several months, does this mean there is a delay?
Are you inland or outland?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
prvc said:
Hello, y'all! While you guys are on this.. My husband just submitted ours with only NOA included. We didn't even know the Option C printout OP is talking about. We should be fine without it even if he's a PR only, right? Thank you so much. Is it highly encouraged to submit the NOA afterwards though? As I've read it takes weeks before you receive it? Any suggestion too? Thank you.
They contain virtually the same info. You'll be fine. If they want it, they will ask.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
prvc said:
Oh, good to know! Thanks a lot. :) We'll just request it as well just to be on the safer side. :) Thanks!