+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused! Is Option C Printout required even if I have Notice of Assessment?

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
Is the Option C the needed document for evaluation or the Notice of Assessment? I'm confused because the two rm documents (IMM 5481 and IMM 5491) don't match, I think.

IMM 5481 (April 2012) -- Sponsorship Evaluation
Make sure you include with your application the original Option C Printout obtained from the CRA and, if applicable, evidence of your employment (Evidence, this, we have.). Follow instructions to this effect on the Document Checklist.

IMM 5491 (February 2016) -- Sponsor's Document Checklist

You and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year. (This, we have.)
--Nothing mentioned about the Option C

I'm confused because the two documents don't match. And if we need the option C how do we go about requesting it and how long (days,weeks,months?) do we need to wait for it?

Thank you!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Is the Option C the needed document for evaluation or the Notice of Assessment? I'm confused because the two rm documents (IMM 5481 and IMM 5491) don't match, I think.

IMM 5481 (April 2012) -- Sponsorship Evaluation
Make sure you include with your application the original Option C Printout obtained from the CRA and, if applicable, evidence of your employment (Evidence, this, we have.). Follow instructions to this effect on the Document Checklist.

IMM 5491 (February 2016) -- Sponsor's Document Checklist

You and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year. (This, we have.)
--Nothing mentioned about the Option C

I'm confused because the two documents don't match. And if we need the option C how do we go about requesting it and how long (days,weeks,months?) do we need to wait for it?

Thank you!
One or the other. If it's for spousal or dependant sponsorship, it doesn't really play a role, other than to prove the sponsor isn't in receipt of social assistance.

If there is dependants of dependants (making the sponsor a grandparent), then it's used to evaluate if the sponsor's income is above Low Income CutOff (LICO).

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
One or the other. If it's for spousal or dependant sponsorship, it doesn't really play a role, other than to prove the sponsor isn't in receipt of social assistance.

If there is dependants of dependants (making the sponsor a grandparent), then it's used to evaluate if the sponsor's income is above Low Income CutOff (LICO).
So can we now go ahead and submit the application without the Option C? Thanks again, Sir!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
If we request for the Option C? How long do we need to wait for it?
Do it online through myCRA. It is available immediately for print.

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
Do it online through myCRA. It is available immediately for print.
Seems like we have to wait for 10 days to receive an activation code by mail. Is there any other option on how to have this printout? Thanks again.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Seems like we have to wait for 10 days to receive an activation code by mail. Is there any other option on how to have this printout? Thanks again.
Seems to me they can send it to you via mail, but takes 14 business days (if memory serves).

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
Seems to me they can send it to you via mail, but takes 14 business days (if memory serves).
We cannot wait that long, unfortunately. Can we just go ahead and file it? Will they consider the application incomplete without it?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
LDRLDM said:
We cannot wait that long, unfortunately. Can we just go ahead and file it? Will they consider the application incomplete without it?
We sent Notice of Assessment only, and not Option C. Our application was considered complete and was not returned.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
My wife is inland (I am sponsor). I didn't even send an NoA or Option C. I did provide a letter that they would be coming, and gave earning statements. They were not really interested when I sent the NoA and Option C's for 2 years...

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
danawhitaker said:
We sent Notice of Assessment only, and not Option C. Our application was considered complete and was not returned.
Did you provide an explanation why Option C was not included?

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
My wife is inland (I am sponsor). I didn't even send an NoA or Option C. I did provide a letter that they would be coming, and gave earning statements. They were not really interested when I sent the NoA and Option C's for 2 years...
We might just provide an explanation/letter too. Is this thing needed before a sponsor can be approved? Or we can send it once we have a number and the file was transferred to the proper visa office? Thanks again.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
LDRLDM said:
Did you provide an explanation why Option C was not included?
No. We looked at both and they seemed pretty redundant. We ended up going by what was asked for on the checklist itself.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
We might just provide an explanation/letter too. Is this thing needed before a sponsor can be approved? Or we can send it once we have a number and the file was transferred to the proper visa office? Thanks again.
Well it depends on the timeline you are talking. Outland or inland? CPC-M won't even open it before you can get the number from CRA. Once you have AOR you can send those by Case Specific Enquiry and they will be electronically attached to your file.

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
danawhitaker said:
No. We looked at both and they seemed pretty redundant. We ended up going by what was asked for on the checklist itself.
Thanks. It's just confusing because on IMM 5481 (April 2012) -- Sponsorship Evaluation, it says "Make sure you include with your application the original Option C Printout obtained from the CRA and, if applicable, evidence of your employment (Evidence, this, we have.). Follow instructions to this effect on the Document Checklist." Then when we checked the list, Option C is not there. We will just go ahead and submit it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Thank you.