+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused: Employment Records and Letter of Employment

Fin116

May 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have been experimenting with the Intended Work in Canada section and been confused so much.
In the first question:

–––
Does AAA have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:

• be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

If Yes is selected, the Employment Records and Letter of Employment would appear in the Documents upload. I don't know what the differences between these.
If No is selected, the Employment Records and Letter of Employment are no longer there. Then, it will look more simple for me.
–––

I had PGWP and had a full-time job offer from an employer. My employer is not specified on my work permit. After reading some threads in this forum, I feel like a NO is more suitable for my case.
Now my concern is that: Before I get the ITA, I submitted my EE profile with YES in that Intended Work in Canada section.

• If I change to NO, is there any adverse impact on my application? OR Do I have to include a letter of explanation about my confusion? Did anyone experience this situation?

I'm quite anxious at the moment and hope someone could help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have been experimenting with the Intended Work in Canada section and been confused so much.
In the first question:

–––
Does AAA have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:

• be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

If Yes is selected, the Employment Records and Letter of Employment would appear in the Documents upload. I don't know what the differences between these.
If No is selected, the Employment Records and Letter of Employment are no longer there. Then, it will look more simple for me.
–––

I had PGWP and had a full-time job offer from an employer. My employer is not specified on my work permit. After reading some threads in this forum, I feel like a NO is more suitable for my case.
Now my concern is that: Before I get the ITA, I submitted my EE profile with YES in that Intended Work in Canada section.

• If I change to NO, is there any adverse impact on my application? OR Do I have to include a letter of explanation about my confusion? Did anyone experience this situation?

I'm quite anxious at the moment and hope someone could help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
If you have not received your ITA yet then the GCMS did not lock up your CRS yet, so feel free to modify.
Otherwise you already been granted the points and must be corroborated, however if you cannot support it, it is recommended to decline your ITA.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2021/02/what-to-do-if-you-make-a-mistake-in-your-express-entry-application-0217208.html/amp

Fin116

May 20, 2021
If you have not received your ITA yet then the GCMS did not lock up your CRS yet, so feel free to modify.
Otherwise you already been granted the points and must be corroborated, however if you cannot support it, it is recommended to decline your ITA.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2021/02/what-to-do-if-you-make-a-mistake-in-your-express-entry-application-0217208.html/amp

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I received the ITA already. One more thing to clarify, even when I selected YES in the EE profile, I claimed no point for that. Basically, I have 0 for Arranged Employment.

When I try modifying to NO in my PR application, my point still remains the same. Thus, I assume it would be still ok to include a letter explaining why I got confused rather than decline the ITA, right?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you for your response.

Yes, I received the ITA already. One more thing to clarify, even when I selected YES in the EE profile, I claimed no point for that. Basically, I have 0 for Arranged Employment.

When I try modifying to NO in my PR application, my point still remains the same. Thus, I assume it would be still ok to include a letter explaining why I got confused rather than decline the ITA, right?
If you are pretty much sure 100% no change in CRS i guess its worth to give it a try and proceed of course.

GL Please keep us updated

Fin116

May 20, 2021
If you are pretty much sure 100% no change in CRS i guess its worth to give it a try and proceed of course.

GL Please keep us updated
Yes, I'm pretty sure that my CRS remains the same as I checked and reviewed many times.
I just hope if anyone did the same thing and could share their journey here, that would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I will keep you posted if there is anything happens.

Reactions: Bacelor