+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused between NOC code 2147 ad 2281

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
Dear All,

I have over a year experience of Network Engineer, IP NOC in an ISP. I am really confused about the NOC code i should mention in my EE profile. I feel both NOC codes 2147 and 2281 suit my job responsibilities little bit but not completely. Are there any Network Engineers who can guide me?

Kindly note that I have Masters degree from Canada. NOCC 2147 requires Master degree while NOC 2281 resuire simpe college diploma or certificate.

Refer below my job duties

• Administer day-to-day operation of Metro-Ethernet Networks.
• Provide 2nd level support to international and domestic customers.
• Manage and maintain the nationwide IP network comprised of Cisco, Juniper and other vendor devices.
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented network.
• Monitor network traffic and make capacity planning recommendation with the help of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds NPM, Traffic Graphing utilities STG, MRTG and Cacti.
• Troubleshoot the problems occurred in L2 and L3 circuits related to, Spanning Tree, Vlan, Ether-channel, Inter-Vlan routing, Static and Dynamic Routing, VRF, VPN and slow browsing.
• Deployment of internet, L2/L3 VPN circuits

syeddanish

Jul 4, 2017
can anyone help me with the NOC code for the below description:

Designation: Technical Support Engineer.

 Providing L1 end user support and application related issues.
 Terminal Server user and access management for EMEA users and Active Directory user administration.
 Troubleshooting Cisco VPN, Wireless or LAN connectivity issues to end users.
 Working on L1 Incident Management to create and manage the Priority tickets to ensure the SLA’s are maintained and escalate to respective teams.
 Providing on call and remote support to end users regarding desktop related issues.

Tools: Active Directory, Server/OS, Cisco VPN, DW, Remedy, Service Manager.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Dear All,

I have over a year experience of Network Engineer, IP NOC in an ISP. I am really confused about the NOC code i should mention in my EE profile. I feel both NOC codes 2147 and 2281 suit my job responsibilities little bit but not completely. Are there any Network Engineers who can guide me?

Kindly note that I have Masters degree from Canada. NOCC 2147 requires Master degree while NOC 2281 resuire simpe college diploma or certificate.

Refer below my job duties

• Administer day-to-day operation of Metro-Ethernet Networks.
• Provide 2nd level support to international and domestic customers.
• Manage and maintain the nationwide IP network comprised of Cisco, Juniper and other vendor devices.
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented network.
• Monitor network traffic and make capacity planning recommendation with the help of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds NPM, Traffic Graphing utilities STG, MRTG and Cacti.
• Troubleshoot the problems occurred in L2 and L3 circuits related to, Spanning Tree, Vlan, Ether-channel, Inter-Vlan routing, Static and Dynamic Routing, VRF, VPN and slow browsing.
• Deployment of internet, L2/L3 VPN circuits
go for 2281