+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused and panicking!

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
I recently got a ITA but after going through the application I realized my primary job is not the experience I want to base my application on...I was selected under the cec class. Will that be a issue?

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
I recently got a ITA but after going through the application I realized my primary job is not the experience I want to base my application on...I was selected under the cec class. Will that be a issue?
Did you claim points for Canadian primary job that you don't want your application to be based on?

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
The primary occupation on the profile is for experience from my home country. But I have little supporting evidence for that job. I have one year experience here in canada under another noc job...that job I can provide more supporting evidence for

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
The primary occupation on the profile is for experience from my home country. But I have little supporting evidence for that job. I have one year experience here in canada under another noc job...that job I can provide more supporting evidence for
for CEC, you have to use the Primary NOC/occupation from Canada, and if you have claimed points for foreign experience, then you have to get experience letter for that as well @legalfalcon please advise

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
My work permit expires in 10 days and I am trying to get everything ready as to not lose my job or status. I just want to know my application will not be rejected because my primary noc is different from my cec job

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
My work permit expires in 10 days and I am trying to get everything ready as to not lose my job or status. I just want to know my application will not be rejected because my primary noc is different from my cec job
i guess there is no point worrying, file the application and apply for BOWP; worst case, even if something doesn't work out for PR, approved BOWP will allow you to continue to work and work on the PR later.. @scylla @legalfalcon pls advise

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Apply with the primary NOC for your application relating to your 1 year of Canadian work experience, if you're going to claim points for foreign work experience then you will need to provide a work reference for it, or some supplementary evidence like an employment contract at least.

Once your PR application is approved, you can work in whatever occupation you want. But if you're applying for CEC you generally need to apply using a primary NOC which matches your work experience accumulated in Canada which you've qualified under from what i know. But i will defer to others who know more about this to confirm that.

If you don't want to do that, then you should decline this ITA and enter the pool as a FSW candidate using your foreign work experience. But in that case, you will need to provide a work reference, and it will be difficult for you in your particular situation unless you can renew your work permit in time.

I would just submit the application using your Canadian work experience as your primary NOC.

Last edited:

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
When I was collecting everything to send in, I realized that my primary noc, same for here and foreign, was right group wrong number. I called IRCC and asked if I needed to decline. Their answer was to go ahead with my application as the profile allows you to verify and correct mistakes before you even get to the document upload. Once you get done and submit your application, that is when your profile is locked in.

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the insight. I am able to get a job reference letter for both jobs. I just want my application to be based on the job here in Canada and not the one in my home country. But I cannot risk declining this ITA seeing that I have literally 9 days to finish the application. I really wanted some peace of mind that I would not be rejected for my error

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
for CEC, you have to use the Primary NOC/occupation from Canada, and if you have claimed points for foreign experience, then you have to get experience letter for that as well @legalfalcon please advise
@Sharon12

Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last ten years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply.

If you want to apply as a CEC, then you will have to show your NOC for your Canadian work experience. If you want to base your application on your foreign work experience, then you can base your application on the NOC for your foreign work experience.

If you do not want to claim points for a work experience, you can remove that work experience form your profile, but make sure that your CRS and MEC is not affected.

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
Thank you. I want my application to be based on my Canadian experience. I called IRCC a few moments ago and the agent said I should accept the ITA and attach a letter of explanation to outline the error of primary occupation noc. I should do this only if I have the evidence to prove I worked in canada for the 1 year minimum.
I also took the agent name and ID just as a safety net. I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in my position. I am so grateful for all your help.

samnep

Oct 14, 2020
AOR Received.
19-11-2020
Apply with the primary NOC for your application relating to your 1 year of Canadian work experience, if you're going to claim points for foreign work experience then you will need to provide a work reference for it, or some supplementary evidence like an employment contract at least.

Once your PR application is approved, you can work in whatever occupation you want. But if you're applying for CEC you generally need to apply using a primary NOC which matches your work experience accumulated in Canada which you've qualified under from what i know. But i will defer to others who know more about this to confirm that.

If you don't want to do that, then you should decline this ITA and enter the pool as a FSW candidate using your foreign work experience. But in that case, you will need to provide a work reference, and it will be difficult for you in your particular situation unless you can renew your work permit in time.

I would just submit the application using your Canadian work experience as your primary NOC.
Can I use employment contract and tax documents to prove my previous work experience? Thank you.

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Thank you. I want my application to be based on my Canadian experience. I called IRCC a few moments ago and the agent said I should accept the ITA and attach a letter of explanation to outline the error of primary occupation noc. I should do this only if I have the evidence to prove I worked in canada for the 1 year minimum.
I also took the agent name and ID just as a safety net. I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in my position. I am so grateful for all your help.
Hello Sharon,

I am in the same boat as you. I chose a different primary occupation when I fill my EE profile. However I got an ITA from CEC which is based on a different occupation. As I understand, you did your CEC PR submission according to your job in Canada, right?. How you application go so far? Did you have any issues by changing primary NOC in PR application?

Sharon12

Oct 15, 2020
Hello Sharon,

I am in the same boat as you. I chose a different primary occupation when I fill my EE profile. However I got an ITA from CEC which is based on a different occupation. As I understand, you did your CEC PR submission according to your job in Canada, right?. How you application go so far? Did you have any issues by changing primary NOC in PR application?
Hello,
I did what the agent suggested and attached a letter of explanation to my PR application to explain why I changed the primary noc. I have passed the medical thus far. and I am heading to 5 months now. I thought I would have passed atleast 2 sections by now, but everyone I know, process is slow and not moving.

Reactions: Asli

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I will recommend you to remove your foreign experience if you don't have enough documents to prove your foreign experience. If your points are falling below points for that draw then I will recommend you to decline the invitation. Don't panic yet as you got another way. You will be able to apply for a new work permit under temporary policy which will give you 18 months work permit. After you apply for new work permit then you got two options. You will wait for the next CEC draw and if you get invited then you can apply or you can apply under temporary public policy I assume that you are international graduate and graduated after January 2017.

Experts, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I hope this helps!