+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about Study Permit Number

Billy_nj

May 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I have already received my study permit.

I need to fill a university form which requires my study permit number but there are three numbers printed on the visa sticker. I am confused among these three numbers.

Document number - letter 'E' then nine digits number

C.Rec - FPC then eight digits number

Vertical number in red on right side - letter 'C' then nine digits number

I tried to search the internet and earlier posts on this forum but did not get right answer. Can someone please help me to know which one is the study permit number ?

Thanks.

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
Study permit number is written on the document you must have received via email. Its a 10 digit number starting with 'S' letter.

Harsh

Billy_nj

May 22, 2016
hmrathod said:
Study permit number is written on the document you must have received via email. Its a 10 digit number starting with 'S' letter.

Harsh
Hi Harsh ,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw the 10 digit number starting with 'S' on the accompanying letter but the letter says that its the 'Application Number' not study permit number. ??? ??? ???

Are you sure about it ?

- Sumedh

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
Yes. When you come to Canada this number (Application/study permit number) will be printed on your original study permit.

Harsh

vahis20

Apr 20, 2016
hmrathod said:
Yes. When you come to Canada this number (Application/study permit number) will be printed on your original study permit.

Harsh
Study Permit number starts with F...
Application number is completely different number.

hmrathod

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
05-09-2015
wow thats new for me. I just checked my study permit. I realized I have never used the number that starts with F which is printed with black letters.

Billy_nj

May 22, 2016
Regina said:
If you are not in Canada yet- you do not have this number. You will get it at the border.
Thank you for your reply. So the visa sticker we get on our passport is not 'study permit' ? :eek: :eek: We get it that the border ?

I had no idea about it. Thanks for the information.

- Sumedh

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So the visa sticker we get on our passport is not 'study permit'
Wait-wait.. Are you in Canada already? Did you get a STICKER on the border?
Did you get a Letter of Introduction from VO? (maybe different VO's have different rules for SP?)

Like , my relative got a Letter of Introduction from VO and on the border got this issued (like this) and stapled into his passport

In the right upper box under green word Immigration- is the number of SP and somewhere in the box below there is CIC File number. (The same as on the Letter of introduction, I believe)

Billy_nj

May 22, 2016
I am not in Canada yet.

When I applied for study permit at the consulate. My passport came with a visa sticker with three different types of numbers on that sticker which created all this confusion.

Sharanjit92

Nov 24, 2023
Do not think so negative. IRCC has given some numbers… do not make anything. Once your application is approved and document has been issued. How it will get failed.