+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation from CIC-Email-Communications-CPCM/How long till approval?

youshi2050

Aug 23, 2016
I have received an email from CIC stating that I (sponsor) have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence

(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly. When I check online, the CIC site says decision made under application status? What does this mean? How long does it take for my spouse to receive the approval?

Any help is appreciated.

mimijane

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
SA 06-04-2016
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT, p/port copy req 28th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
18th September 2016
youshi2050 said:
I have received an email from CIC stating that I (sponsor) have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence

(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly. When I check online, the CIC site says decision made under application status? What does this mean? How long does it take for my spouse to receive the approval?

Any help is appreciated.
Did the letter say where the application was sent? Which office?

The Sponsor will be approved before the applicant (your spouse). There may or may not be a long time between your approval and the PR approval. Depends on lots of factors.

youshi2050

Aug 23, 2016
Hi GTRB,

We sent in the application in April of 2015.

Hi mimijane,

Yes, it was sent to Mississauga office. But Alberta office is involved as well as part of backlog reduction plans. Hopefully she will be. When I look online under her profile it says the decision was made. Not sure if this is a good sign?

mimijane

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
SA 06-04-2016
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT, p/port copy req 28th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
18th September 2016
youshi2050 said:
Hi GTRB,

We sent in the application in April of 2015.

Hi mimijane,

Yes, it was sent to Mississauga office. But Alberta office is involved as well as part of backlog reduction plans. Hopefully she will be. When I look online under her profile it says the decision was made. Not sure if this is a good sign?
I think decision made is a good thing :)

youshi2050

Aug 23, 2016
guys, it's an inland application..does anyone know how long it takes for my spouse to be approved?
Please note that I can see that the decision has been made on both of our On-Line Portals..

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
youshi2050 said:
guys, it's an inland application..does anyone know how long it takes for my spouse to be approved?
Please note that I can see that the decision has been made on both of our On-Line Portals..
asking in the inland applicant threads may be more helpful. i believe the approval time is all over the place. there is a spreadsheet that tracks this sort of thing, and that can be found in the inland threads.

Omega12

Aug 22, 2016
For inland cases CPC-M processes both the sponsor and principal applicants together, in parallel, as compared to the sequential processing with Outland sponsorship. As such, with inland cases a sponsor approval is followed by approval of the PA (AIP) within days to two weeks.

Some applicants also see DM within a week (as is your case). The process after DM depends on your local CIC office as they have to find a free time slot to schedule the landing interview.

youshi2050

Aug 23, 2016
appreciate the info Omega12. You were right, we called CIC and they confirmed that my spouse has been approved and they have sent the follow on instructions via mail on the 18th. So hopefully we will receive it soon and attend the landing interview.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to obtain a travel document while awaiting the PR card as we need to travel to Serbia due to an emergency and I heard getting the card take up to 60days :(