+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conestoga College.....

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how is the reputation of this college...???..i will be applying for sep batch in mobile solution program...so if anybody has any feedback about this college do share.....

RonXenner

Jan 31, 2013
I actually checked it out because i myself wanted to apply, but from the way i see it the college doesnt have good lecturers for some subjects. I went with Seneca instead.

You can check it out yourself my typing in Conestoga Community College Review on Google.

As with immigration i dont think this college is going to have an issue like Humber or GBrown... problem with those schools is they cater to too many international, esp indian students so the moment the VO sees those colleges they start having doubts...

This place conestoga is at isnt a bad thing.. because the accomodation is cheap over there than Greater Toronto

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RonXenner said:
I actually checked it out because i myself wanted to apply, but from the way i see it the college doesnt have good lecturers for some subjects. I went with Seneca instead.

You can check it out yourself my typing in Conestoga Community College Review on Google.

As with immigration i dont think this college is going to have an issue like Humber or GBrown... problem with those schools is they cater to too many international, esp indian students so the moment the VO sees those colleges they start having doubts...

This place conestoga is at isnt a bad thing.. because the accomodation is cheap over there than Greater Toronto
in which progrm u are applying...also i have checked the clg review looks good but didnt find anything reqrding my progrm..

brilliantone

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Every school in canada is good, the most important thing is the processing of your study visa and lastly getting Job after school ok ? and that should be ur Overall consideration

RonXenner

Jan 31, 2013
@ BrilliantOne : Thats not true, every school in Canada is not good... There is some in the watch list and some in another probation list, these schools are fronts for people to smuggle in immigrants and they look legit but dont do much good. This is the same with USA. Anyways that aside please dont have that attitude of getting a WP or Job because when you think like that the thought shows up in your SoP and you and i may not be able to see but the VO sees right through that, its ok to do your research and after that just shut it down and start thinking like an ACTUAL student who is going to go and come back.

@ chaitnay7777 I was going to go for IT Support Diploma ( Yes they give visas for Diplomas longer than 1 year in my country) but then the reviews turned out not so good so i went with Seneca instead.

brilliantone

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
@Ronxenner
Good one from you ,Not all that Glitters is pure gold, but apart from the bad ones , the others are good , if not excellent of course and to make my points clearer am Really saying the Op should apply to a school that allow Internships for their students as this may give us an Edge and also a platform to launch the so-called Canadian Experience .

brilliantone

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
@Ronxenner
Good one from you ,Not all that Glitters is pure gold, but apart from the bad ones , the others are good , if not excellent of course and to make my points clearer am Really saying the Op should apply to a school that allow Internships for their students as this may give us an Edge and also a platform to launch the so-called Canadian Experience .

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RonXenner said:
@ BrilliantOne : Thats not true, every school in Canada is not good... There is some in the watch list and some in another probation list, these schools are fronts for people to smuggle in immigrants and they look legit but dont do much good. This is the same with USA. Anyways that aside please dont have that attitude of getting a WP or Job because when you think like that the thought shows up in your SoP and you and i may not be able to see but the VO sees right through that, its ok to do your research and after that just shut it down and start thinking like an ACTUAL student who is going to go and come back.

@ chaitnay7777 I was going to go for IT Support Diploma ( Yes they give visas for Diplomas longer than 1 year in my country) but then the reviews turned out not so good so i went with Seneca instead.
can u plzz tell me what reviews u find band about conestoga clg so that i can also plan my study and selection of d clg

RonXenner

Jan 31, 2013
@chaitnay7777 : Bear in mind i did my research for my subject ( IT Support ), as per my research, using the feedback from students, which are more reliable, the students had some complaints about the lecturers stating that they dont really have experience in the field and what they know might be outdated, and some had to say the lecturers dont come to lecturers 4 out of 10 times which might look small but its a concern. The last thing was that the quality of the course wasnt all that great. again these are purely views on my course, on your course it might be different. Go to google and type in the following " Conestoga "YOUR COURSE NAME" reviews " and you can look through the results and read them to understand better.

@brilliantone : Now that i agree with, internships are great. Infact my program right now doesnt really have one, but there is one i can move to with full credits that does have one so im thinking if i get to go, i will probably study this course to completion and then move to the other one depending on how i manage with employment.

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RonXenner said:
@ chaitnay7777 : Bear in mind i did my research for my subject ( IT Support ), as per my research, using the feedback from students, which are more reliable, the students had some complaints about the lecturers stating that they dont really have experience in the field and what they know might be outdated, and some had to say the lecturers dont come to lecturers 4 out of 10 times which might look small but its a concern. The last thing was that the quality of the course wasnt all that great. again these are purely views on my course, on your course it might be different. Go to google and type in the following " Conestoga "YOUR COURSE NAME" reviews " and you can look through the results and read them to understand better.

@ brilliantone : Now that i agree with, internships are great. Infact my program right now doesnt really have one, but there is one i can move to with full credits that does have one so im thinking if i get to go, i will probably study this course to completion and then move to the other one depending on how i manage with employment.
mine is a new progrm will start in may 13 so nobody has no feedback regarding this course....do suggest me what should i do....and it is a 2 yr progrm but the fees is very less about 18,000$ for 2 yrs...this also doubts me about the prgrm.....do suggest what should i do....

RonXenner

Jan 31, 2013
chaitnay7777 : Could you please answer the questions below, that way it will be easy for anyone to look at and help you, also it might be possible for someone to research into the program for you.

1) What is the name of the college ?

2) The name of the program ?

3) Duration of the program ?

4) Which intake you plan to go ?

5) Your current education background and academic program?

6) Have you been working, if so whats your current or previous job?

7) How long have you worked?

8 ) Whos sponsoring you or if you have any grants?

9) Whats options you want to look at if you can get to Canada?

I know its a rather long list but, once you answer all of these in, it will be easy for anyone to help you out with any question.

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RonXenner said:
chaitnay7777 : Could you please answer the questions below, that way it will be easy for anyone to look at and help you, also it might be possible for someone to research into the program for you.

1) What is the name of the college ?

2) The name of the program ?

3) Duration of the program ?

4) Which intake you plan to go ?

5) Your current education background and academic program?

6) Have you been working, if so whats your current or previous job?

7) How long have you worked?

8 ) Whos sponsoring you or if you have any grants?

9) Whats options you want to look at if you can get to Canada?

I know its a rather long list but, once you answer all of these in, it will be easy for anyone to help you out with any question.
here's my profile
10---79%
12---74%
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication---76%(till 7th sem)
CCNA from NIIT
IELTS--7 bands(l=8.5,,R=6.5,,w=6.5,,s=6)
looking for 1 or 2 yr pg diploma
list of shortlisted clg
1. conestoga clg----Advance mobile solution progrm(2 yr progrm)
2. George brown clg---wireless Networking(1 yr progrm)
3. Centennial clg----2 yr progrm in networking
4. Fanshaw clg---Network security(1 yr progrm)
i eagerly wanted to go to mohwak clg in hamilton but did not find any course there...
i will be applying for sep 13 batch

RonXenner

Jan 31, 2013
Ok this statement is based on other people in this forum :

Leave out the one year programs because the PGWP will be 1 year and thats not enough time to do Jack Sh*t. So its going to have to be the 2 year programs.

That being said the original question of the review is hard to answer cos its a new program BUT the college itself isnt too bad from the research i did for you (and me), its just that some programs are messed up.

I suggest you add Seneca College into this because its got a good rep and good programs (if you can find your program in it).

Now your selection of programs seem to be good but make sure you actually look at the modules being taught and it would be nice to mention one or two of them in your SoP because that makes you look real good with the VO :D

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys its still a collage ! And a collage is a collage :)

No university can match a collage lol