+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conestoga College. Global Business management 1 year program. Need help guys!

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Anyone who knows about Conestoga College or can help me answering some questions related to my study permit for May 2014. Please reply I need suggestions guys

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
If u ask like this, no one is going to answer you... directly state what is your question and then u can see answers from the senior members... Me too i am planning for project mgmt in conestoga for may intake.. u got offer ?? where is your process now..???

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Thank you for your suggestion Amit. I am completely new on this forum I have received my Acceptance letter from Conestoga for Global business Management for May Intake and I am seeking education loan as if now. I had some brief questions that I have submitted in my earlier post I hope to get suggestions from senior member and you. Thank you once again

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
These are some of my questions. please see if you can answer these for me:
1. I have clear information that after 1 year of Global Management studies I get 1 year of PGWP. So, I am sure I can work there until May 2016 as my studies will be over in May 2015.Could anyone please advise what are the chances of extending Visa after 1 year if I do not get job in my studies filed or my job doesn't fall under NOC O,A,B categories? as I guess after 1 year of studies even if we get job that will be entry level until we have exceptional skills and luck for sure.
2. Suppose I am working in different field other then my studies but my employer would like to extend my employment. can employer get LMO for me and help me extend my work permit after 1 year?
3. My consultant also says that Conestoga College offers an option to students where student can work for 4 months after 1 year of studies and then can get lateral entry in last semester for some other related course and pay fee of around $5500 for last semester , then study again for 5-6 months and student will be eligible to get 3 year of PGWP as his/her studies will be considered for 2 years. Does that make any sense? or can anybody please highlight if there are any such options?
4. What are the job prospectus after Global Business Management after 1 year of studies? and also How much one can earn working part time while studies and full time while vacations? Do we have enough part time jobs available nearby in Doon campus, Kitchner, Ontario? or is there any way to start working once you land in Canada? I know that not legal before 6 month and even after 6 months I can work for 20 Hr's while college and full time while vacations but still is there anyway to do so? and is that recommended?
5. What are the monthly expenses? and how much one can earn working part time or after studies full time as I will be under my education loan so I would like to pay of my loan ASAP. I am sure initially it will be hard to survive but I would like to understand what kind of opportunities are there in Canada, financially and socially.
6. I would have no more money then my tuition fee that is for $13,200 and GIC for $10,000 and somewhere about $2000 for personal expenses initially. Is that enough to survive for 1 year even if I do not get or would not like to work part time while studying?
7. How easy is to earn and pay off my liabilities after I complete my studies in Canada?

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
lucasp said:
These are some of my questions. please see if you can answer these for me:
1. I have clear information that after 1 year of Global Management studies I get 1 year of PGWP. So, I am sure I can work there until May 2016 as my studies will be over in May 2015.Could anyone please advise what are the chances of extending Visa after 1 year if I do not get job in my studies filed or my job doesn't fall under NOC O,A,B categories? as I guess after 1 year of studies even if we get job that will be entry level until we have exceptional skills and luck for sure.
2. Suppose I am working in different field other then my studies but my employer would like to extend my employment. can employer get LMO for me and help me extend my work permit after 1 year?
3. My consultant also says that Conestoga College offers an option to students where student can work for 4 months after 1 year of studies and then can get lateral entry in last semester for some other related course and pay fee of around $5500 for last semester , then study again for 5-6 months and student will be eligible to get 3 year of PGWP as his/her studies will be considered for 2 years. Does that make any sense? or can anybody please highlight if there are any such options?
4. What are the job prospectus after Global Business Management after 1 year of studies? and also How much one can earn working part time while studies and full time while vacations? Do we have enough part time jobs available nearby in Doon campus, Kitchner, Ontario? or is there any way to start working once you land in Canada? I know that not legal before 6 month and even after 6 months I can work for 20 Hr's while college and full time while vacations but still is there anyway to do so? and is that recommended?
5. What are the monthly expenses? and how much one can earn working part time or after studies full time as I will be under my education loan so I would like to pay of my loan ASAP. I am sure initially it will be hard to survive but I would like to understand what kind of opportunities are there in Canada, financially and socially.
6. I would have no more money then my tuition fee that is for $13,200 and GIC for $10,000 and somewhere about $2000 for personal expenses initially. Is that enough to survive for 1 year even if I do not get or would not like to work part time while studying?
7. How easy is to earn and pay off my liabilities after I complete my studies in Canada?
Hi there.. these are nice questions... Me too i wish to know answers to these questions. Lets hope seniors help us. As far as i know I can answer to your question number 6. Yes we can survive in all of GIC 10000 + 2000 for personal expenses. It mostly depends on your life style. I calculated the cost of living for a month in kitchener for those who study in Conestoga.

here is my break up, Its entirely personal and depends on life style :

Accomodation = 300 Per month

Mobile plan = 34 Per month

Bus pass = specially for Conestoga students = 52 per Month

Food and other groceries = 150 per month

Total = 300+34+52+150 = 536

Hence for 12 months = 536x12 = 6432

10000-6432 = 3568 After 1 year is our saving...

Hope u get some idea... and by the way, do u use whatsapp..? If yes then tell me your number, i have a group of conestoga may intake students... If u wish to join... Ciao

Reactions: inognito

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I still use Nokia basic phone, so no watsapp but I will keep posting if I get answers to my questions in this forum.

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hi Lucasp and Amit,

How did you apply for these courses? Did you apply directly to the college or through online process of ontariocolleges.ca ?

Please let me know, as I am about to submit my application through the later which seems to be centralized process for admissions in these public colleges of ontario.

Thanks.

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
I did through IDP, New Delhi

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
Boyzone said:
Hi Lucasp and Amit,

How did you apply for these courses? Did you apply directly to the college or through online process of ontariocolleges.ca ?

Please let me know, as I am about to submit my application through the later which seems to be centralized process for admissions in these public colleges of ontario.

Thanks.
me i think that this ontariocolleges.ca is application for those who r already in canada... for international applicants, we have to send by our own or through an agent/consultant... I dont know but in most of all collges website i read this...

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
I had a chat with ontariocolleges.ca customer care representative and he said as an International student you can apply.. But, just trying to make sure from you guys as well.

Thanks again and all the best.

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
Boyzone said:
I had a chat with ontariocolleges.ca customer care representative and he said as an International student you can apply.. But, just trying to make sure from you guys as well.

Thanks again and all the best.
well then good luck to u also bro.. I applied through my agent and they dont charge me anything.. he said clearly that they get commission from college if i take admission through them... at present i have 3 college offer letters through a single application to my consultant and it's free... :)

Boyzone

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Thats good... But, even if you apply directly to the college there is an application fee that you need to pay which differs as per college. Did the agent not charge you this fee?

Could you give me his contact details?

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
Boyzone said:
Thats good... But, even if you apply directly to the college there is an application fee that you need to pay which differs as per college. Did the agent not charge you this fee?

Could you give me his contact details?
No for my college and my course there is no application fees... i will message u the details about that...