+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditions for Post Graduate Work Permit

can123

Dec 26, 2010
Hi There,

I am planning to take a Canadian Securities Course (CSC) for a Financial Service Representative Role in a banking industry. However, I just notice that my work permit has this condition on it. So, I am not sure now if I am allowed to take the course or not because if I did, then I didnt want it to affect my application for a PR under CEC class.

I am confused with the conditions stated on my Post Graduate Work Permit that says
1. Unless authorized, must not attend any educational Institution or take any academic , professional or vocational training course.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have for me.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can123 said:
Hi There,

I am planning to take a Canadian Securities Course (CSC) for a Financial Service Representative Role in a banking industry. However, I just notice that my work permit has this condition on it. So, I am not sure now if I am allowed to take the course or not because if I did, then I didnt want it to affect my application for a PR under CEC class.

I am confused with the conditions stated on my Post Graduate Work Permit that says
1. Unless authorized, must not attend any educational Institution or take any academic , professional or vocational training course.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have for me.
If the course/program is less than 6 months in duration you can take it on your current permit.

shagor_islam

Jun 21, 2012
I contacted with CSI, and they said that they dont need any permit from CIC to write any exam with CSI. I myself is under workpermit now, and I am going to write exam for CSI, and I dont think i need nay permit to sit for that exam.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
That's correct

shagor_islam said:
I contacted with CSI, and they said that they dont need any permit from CIC to write any exam with CSI. I myself is under workpermit now, and I am going to write exam for CSI, and I dont think i need nay permit to sit for that exam.