+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia Sep 2013 intake

adhideb

Mar 12, 2013
Great news.... Congrats!!!! :)

Which program did you apply for?? I've applied for the Master's program in Computer Science (thesis-based) and still waiting for the response.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Hi All,

My Concordia LOA state the fees like this :

THis is 2 year program...1 semester fees is XXX ....total 4 semesters are there so total tuition fees would be XXXXX.

Then Living expense of around 14-16000$

Will this structure be sufficient for Loan purpose ??? Basically, in the offer letter fee should be well structured and clear ...including the program duration.

What you guys think ??

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kismail96 said:
I'm about to apply within a couple of days
Isnt that too late for to apply now? I mean have you contacted the department if they are still accepting applications (you're planning mechanical right?)

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes Mechanical. I have checked their website, its June 01 the deadline for fall... Feb 01 was for May intake

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shethroh said:
Isnt that too late for to apply now? I mean have you contacted the department if they are still accepting applications (you're planning mechanical right?)
Application deadlines given here http://registrar.concordia.ca/waa/pdf/GradAppDeadlines.pdf

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Dude...this Deadline is for Canadian Students..Read the second para

"Admission Application Deadlines for International (Study Permit) Students vary depending on the program. International applicants
must arrange for all required documentation to be in the appropriate office by the admission deadline. As a general rule, the following
application deadlines must be respected: February 15 for September admission; June 15 for January admission; and October 15 for May
admission. Please note that many programs only admit new students for the term which begins in September. Contact the program office to
which you are applying directly for official application deadline information."

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
Dude...this Deadline is for Canadian Students..Read the second para

"Admission Application Deadlines for International (Study Permit) Students vary depending on the program. International applicants
must arrange for all required documentation to be in the appropriate office by the admission deadline. As a general rule, the following
application deadlines must be respected: February 15 for September admission; June 15 for January admission; and October 15 for May
admission. Please note that many programs only admit new students for the term which begins in September. Contact the program office to
which you are applying directly for official application deadline information."

Oh! Thanks a lot, so I should apply for January 2014?

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
2 Quick Questions here:

1> Is GIC mandatory for university applicants ? If No, then I suppose we can just show 10,000 CAN $ as Living Expense. Even if I am purchasing GIC, I will be using the Loan sanctioned money so Is there any rule that I have to show 10k $ flowing from my account rather than Loan Account.

2> Is it mandatory to learn French from here before applying for Visa. i do not think so ...neither I have heard this. please confirm !!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mayank_6 said:
2 Quick Questions here:

1> Is GIC mandatory for university applicants ? If No, then I suppose we can just show 10,000 CAN $ as Living Expense. Even if I am purchasing GIC, I will be using the Loan sanctioned money so Is there any rule that I have to show 10k $ flowing from my account rather than Loan Account.

2> Is it mandatory to learn French from here before applying for Visa. i do not think so ...neither I have heard this. please confirm !!
it is not mandatory to learn french all courses r in english....if u know french then u can find a part time job easily once u get OCWP......GIC i not mandatory either u need to show sufficient funds for ur 1st year fees + 1 year living exp + travel exp....

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Thax a lot mead....Just wanted to confirm that If I take GIC then is it like my Visa chances will be higher compared to if I just show 10000 $ from my Loan Account

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
********* URGENT*************

In my Admission offer letter from Concordia University, i have to confirm the seat by 1st April and in addition, I am also asked to Register for the courses .

THis is what exactly written over there

"***Please contact your CIISE department advisor, Silvie Pasquarelli at (graduate@ciise.concordia.ca) for course registration and program information by the confirmation date indicated above."

Please suggest how to proceed for the Course Registration as early as possible.

I am calling them but no 1 is picking up the phone and I have sent a mail to the desired Email ID for the confirmation

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got selected for Concordia university for Sep 2013 intake in Mengg program
However, its a conditonal acceptance.
The LOA states:
he Master is a 2-year program. The tuition and other fees for an international student is approximately XX per semester for 4 semesters for a total of approximately xx for the 45-credit program. Continuation & other fees will be billed in each subsequent term of registration until you apply to graduate. The number of terms that the continuation & other fees are billed will depend on your progress in your program of study. All registered course credits above the 45 nominal credits in your program will be billed on a "per credit" basis in addition to, and concurrently with, other program fees that are billed. The fees quoted above are estimates as the University reserves the right to modify the published scale of fees without prior notice, at any time before the beginning of an academic term.

Living expenses for one year, which includes lodging and utilities, food, clothing, public transportation, books and supplies and miscellaneous expenses, can range from xx Information regarding tuition & fees are available on the following link http://tuitionandfees.concordia.ca/

Is this information is sufficient to apply for a loan
Also, with this conditional acceptance can i apply for CAQ
And how can I ask the university for express delivery of my offer letter.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!