+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia Admission Fall 2019

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
10th - 9.2 CGPA
+2- 85%
Bachelors- 7.5CGPA [Information Technology] (2 backlogs but completed in the next attempt)
IELTS: L-9 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.5

Applied for INSE MEng
Rejected !
Reason: Due to large number of applications.

Can someone help me in understanding what might have gone wrong.
I know my profile isn't the best, but it is far better than some of the students who have gotten in previously.
Thinking of applying for WInter 2020.

Thoughts and advices needed.
Thanks

hesh97

Jun 7, 2019
I applied and got accepted as a Information Systems Security (MEng) Applicant for Fall 2019 at Concordia.

3.22/4 CGPA (BSc of Computer Science)
IELTS: 9-L R-8 W-7 S-8.5

I dont think they really care about your pre-secondary academic profile, as they didint ask for anything before university for me. Your profile is a bit similar to mine so maybe they actually had a lot of competitive students for this year's intake, or maybe your personal statement/work experience was not the best and could not satisfy their requirements for this year? And what is your CGPA out of and which country?

Maybe you could ask for a more detailed reason for rejection from the graduate admissions advisor?

Reactions: jbdot0941

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
I applied and got accepted as a Information Systems Security (MEng) Applicant for Fall 2019 at Concordia.

3.22/4 CGPA (BSc of Computer Science)
IELTS: 9-L R-8 W-7 S-8.5

I dont think they really care about your pre-secondary academic profile, as they didint ask for anything before university for me. Your profile is a bit similar to mine so maybe they actually had a lot of competitive students for this year's intake, or maybe your personal statement/work experience was not the best and could not satisfy their requirements for this year? And what is your CGPA out of and which country?

Maybe you could ask for a more detailed reason for rejection from the graduate admissions advisor?

Hey,Congrats and thanks for the reply.
Considering the fact that even lesser spots are available for the Winter Session and the deadline is almost here do you think I should apply?
My first guess for the rejection was my SOP too. Maybe it wasnt good enough. I'm planning to make a new one and apply again for WInter 2020.
Thoughts ?

India.
7.5/10

Sagar@123

Aug 9, 2019
Hey,Congrats and thanks for the reply.
Considering the fact that even lesser spots are available for the Winter Session and the deadline is almost here do you think I should apply?
My first guess for the rejection was my SOP too. Maybe it wasnt good enough. I'm planning to make a new one and apply again for WInter 2020.
Thoughts ?

India.
7.5/10
Hi i dont really have an answer but i wanted to ask did you apply for winter 2020? if yes what is your application status?

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Hi i dont really have an answer but i wanted to ask did you apply for winter 2020? if yes what is your application status?
Yes, I've applied again just 5 days before the Winter 2020 deadline. The status goes something like this: "Your file is being assessed, we will let you know once the decision has been made"
I've seen the same status description earlier, so I'm think they might give out decisions before the end of October.

You applied for the same program too? Do share you profile.
Thanks

Sagar@123

Aug 9, 2019
Yes, I've applied again just 5 days before the Winter 2020 deadline. The status goes something like this: "Your file is being assessed, we will let you know once the decision has been made"
I've seen the same status description earlier, so I'm think they might give out decisions before the end of October.

You applied for the same program too? Do share you profile.
Thanks
Hi i applied for undergrad in Economics (BA). I applied around 30th july. the application status says "your file is being assessed....." I have given them all the supporting documents.I got a reply from another univ but concordia is my first choice so im waiting.