+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated Marital Status- is this inadmissbile

nylra2014

Aug 9, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I really need your help.

I am aspiring to apply under FSW program this year possibly submit my application this October (I still lack my IELTS exam which I will be taking this September). But I have some issues that I need clarification and help with.

Here's a background of my story .

Way back 2000 I was forced by my gf's parents to marry her who gave birth to a child I'm not sure is mine. They did it abruptly just before I left abroad to Taiwan for work. After few years, I found out she's already living with another man and have a couple of children with him. I remarry thinking that the previous marriage was not officially recorded since no preparation was done (no ring, no seminar, etc). The marriage was just conducted by his uncle who I think was a mayor (an official in a city) at that time. Now, that second marriage did not work well too. I later found out that she just ran my money with her but we didn't have children.

Now, I'm happily living with my common-law partner for 3 years now. We have a 2 year old son. Even if I wanted to rectify everything for them it isn't that easy and practical at this point considering the financial burden and the ugly relationship I have with my ex (1st) and it 's a very lengthy process (Philippines). I'm not getting younger (turning 40). I wanted to be able to provide a better life for my family away from conflicts with my ex. The only way I believe that could help me with this is migrating with my family to Canada.

I admit I made a lot of mistakes in the past and I've suffered the consequences of them in many ways. I just really want to start anew with my life.

I apologize for the lengthy details.

Here are my concerns:

1.) My status in my papers is showing single. I am in fact married twice but has been separated for more than 10 years. Will this complicate my declaration?

2.) Will I still be admissible even if I was married twice? I'm planning to bring my common-law partner and later my son as well.

3.) I have another dependent from 1st ex-wife, but I don't have plans of sponsoring them now or in the future, she's 17 and in the full custody of her mother. As much as possible, I don't want to give any of them hints about my plan because I know for sure they will only make this whole thing complicated. Possibly asked for more financial assistance which I am already doing (w/c by the way is the reason why I wanted to migrate because I need to earn more). In short I just want to avoid any additional conflicts I want things to be simplified this time. Can I not declare them as my dependents?

I appreciate your wisdom and advise on this matter. I'm sincerely hoping you can enlighten me.

Thank you in anticipation.

BQ

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
1. Just show in papers that to whom you are married rite now.
2. You can bring your common -law partner offcourse with your son.
3. You can bring both common-law partners and your son as Canadian Government is well-aware that there are many persons who does two marriages. Please note this will create unnecessary burden on your application. Each applicant shall show 13,000 dollars plus spouse extra.

On the contrary if you dont want to sponsor your first wife and son then why dont you give her divorce as she can destroy your application or make it worse even.

Try to be certain and take one decision. I can understand at this point and time where you are standing but better to be hard for one time and then it's a relieve.

I hope this helps.

nylra2014

Aug 9, 2014
Hi BQ,

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to read my post and give me a valuable insight.

About the divorce, unfortunately, that is not an option in the Philippines. Although, we have annulment here but it takes years and a lot of money. After being able to secure my family in Canada (in God's will) I'd be more that willing to correct everything in process but this time, it is just difficult.

Thank you once again for your understanding and advice.

By the way, I'm new in this forum, how can I add point for someone like you?