+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complete procedure to apply for TRV based on visitor record ..Please help !!

aquaCAN

Jul 25, 2011
Hi ,

I came from India to Canada with a student Visa in Aug 2009 . My husband and me knew each other since last 4 years so when i came here in 2009 we decided to get married in Canada in sept 2009 . Since then we have been living together here .I finished my studies last year and attained my work permit until this june 1st 2011 .We also went to India last year in july to do our social wedding with friends family and relatives !
After we returned from India my husband sponsored my PR Application in Oct 2010 , which started from Mississauga and in Dec 2011 i was notified that my file has been transferred to buffalo . In a month's time i was notified again in jan 2011 that my file was transfered to Newyork Canadian Consulate.I was working since last aug 2010 until my work permit got expired this june 1st 2011. I had not opted for the work permit extension thru the LMO process as it wouldn't hv been possible due to some reason.
At this time after calling the CIC centre , they suggested on applying for "Temporary Visitor Record " , which would give me an implied status . I filed for the same on june 1st 2011 soon after the conversation with the CIC . On june 16th 2011 , i received a notification for an interview at Newyork on sept 7 2011 ,along with my husband .

Now the issue is since i do not have a valid Visa currently , I do not know how will i re- enter Canada . I called the CIC call centre again and they said only after i get my document of "Temporary Visitor Record ", i can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa from buffalo which will further allow me to apply for US visa !! (as i don't have one too )

I followed the same procedure as i mentioned above and still waiting to get the "visitor record " (On the website it says it takes 57 days).

Now my question is firstly, Is there any specific Temporary Resident Visa application form particularly that needs to be filled based on "Visitor record" ??

Secondly, to find out if my husband can take my passport and get it stamped for TRV in Buffalo as i still do not have US Visa yet !

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the same hurdle ! i am very disturbed regarding the time consuming factor of these applications proceedings and wonder if at all i would be able to attend the interview dated sept 7 2011 ..

Please help !!

Thanks