+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company re-branding after ITA received - will it be an issue?

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

I got nominated for OOPNP and finally received my ITA. I've 60 days now to collect and submit all documents.

I'm applying from outside Canada.

Recently (this month), my current company (not located in Canada) went through some changes. They've done some minor re-branding, changed their website, domain and emails. The reference letter that I'll be submitting will have this new email address and website listed on it.

The previous reference letter that I had submitted for OOPNP had the old domain and email on the letter head. The old domain and emails are no longer active. Will this be a problem?

The company name and physical address is still the same.

Thanks,
alaiu

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
alaiu said:
Hi everyone,

I got nominated for OOPNP and finally received my ITA. I've 60 days now to collect and submit all documents.

I'm applying from outside Canada.

Recently (this month), my current company (not located in Canada) went through some changes. They've done some minor re-branding, changed their website, domain and emails. The reference letter that I'll be submitting will have this new email address and website listed on it.

The previous reference letter that I had submitted for OOPNP had the old domain and email on the letter head. The old domain and emails are no longer active. Will this be a problem?

The company name and physical address is still the same.

Thanks,
alaiu
You can send them an LOE explaining the same.

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. By LOE you mean Letter of Explanation right? Should I provide this from my side or should I ask my company to provide this (I doubt they will).

Also, the company's telephone numbers, logos, etc are still the same. There haven't been any changes on that front.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
alaiu said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. By LOE you mean Letter of Explanation right? Should I provide this from my side or should I ask my company to provide this (I doubt they will).

Also, the company's telephone numbers, logos, etc are still the same. There haven't been any changes on that front.
Yes Letter of Explanation (LOE), will have to be provided by you. If you have any mail communication with your previous employer, that should be fine (if you don't have try sending them an email and if you get a reply to that, it would serve the purpose, or even you can tell them to reply to that stating their stand, either way, you will have the proof).

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Stanlee said:
If you have any mail communication with your previous employer, that should be fine.
Okay, thanks.

But I just wanted to clarify once again - I did not change employers. It's still the same employer with the same company name, same telephone numbers, same address, same signatory, same logo etc.

The only thing that's changed is the company website and email addresses.

I think you might've misunderstood my previous post since you asked me to contact my "previous" employer :)

Do I still need to provide LOE - even if the only change is the email address on the new letterhead?

Apologies if I'm coming off as nagging/annoying. I just want to be sure. Thanks for your patience

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
alaiu said:
Okay, thanks.

But I just wanted to clarify once again - I did not change employers. It's still the same employer with the same company name, same telephone numbers, same address, same signatory, same logo etc.

The only thing that's changed is the company website and email addresses.

I think you might've misunderstood my previous post since you asked me to contact my "previous" employer :)

Do I still need to provide LOE - even if the only change is the email address on the new letterhead?

Apologies if I'm coming off as nagging/annoying. I just want to be sure. Thanks for your patience
Sorry, I missed that one. :) I also have a similar situation, I am also planning to do the same after I get the AOR.