Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
Has anyone made a complaint to the Security Intelligence Review Committee (SIRC) regarding the delay in Background checks conducted by CSIS and what was the results?
Or does anyone have any idea how far SIRC can go with the complaint?

Thanks

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Have you actually contacted CSIS to make sure they have the file, and the check is in progress. No point complaining to SIRC if the file is lost in the ether somewhere and CSIS don't have it, or if they sent it back to CIC and CIC are sitting on it.

http://immipedia.ca/CSIS

al4ya

Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
I did contact CSIS back in October and they only thing they said that background checks are in progress.
I filed a complaint to SIRC last month, so they asked for a copy of the letter I sent to CSIS and the response I received, so I mailed that to them. Got a letter recently from SIRC that I have till may 2nd to provide them with any more documents or representations if any for my case, so don't know what to send them and don't even know if it is worth it.
Thanks

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How long have CSIS had the file. Unless it's years I'd be surprised if SIRC would do anything. I'm not even sure what they can do, other than include a recomendation / report to the director of CSIS and parliament.

The website says this:

"If the Committee identifies issues of concern, it sends a report which includes findings and recommendations to both the Minister and the Director of CSIS (under Section 41 complaints). Summaries of these reports, edited to protect national security and the privacy of complainants, are also included in SIRC's Annual Report to Parliament."

...which sounds like it has about as much teeth as a slug.

al4ya

Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
CSIS had the file for almost a year, ya I kinda have the feeling that they wouldn't do much.