+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Proof - Photos

lavierose

Dec 24, 2018
Hi there
I have just gotten the ITA (Common Law Application). I have receive the checklist and preparing the documents now. I saw on many forums that they are required to send in a maximum of 20 photos as proof of relationship. On my checklist, I did not see this. Why is this so? It seems like everyone is sending in their pics for proof of relationship.
So do I need to send in my pics with my partner?
Thanks!!

ts123

Nov 3, 2016
It depends on what other docs you have. We didn't send any photos.

We did send:
- Joint lease agreements (dating back 2 years)
- Joint bank account statements (also 2 years)
- Joint travel insurance at same address
- One utility bill with both our names on
- Joint flight bookings (as we'd been travelling for a chunk of the time we were together)
- A letter explaining the timeline of our relationship, as we moved around A LOT!
- The official canadian form stating common law partnership, witnessed by a lawyer

This was fine. We got PR.
If you were going to send pics, just put them in the same document as the rest of your proof of common law.

lavierose

Dec 24, 2018
It depends on what other docs you have. We didn't send any photos.

We did send:
- Joint lease agreements (dating back 2 years)
- Joint bank account statements (also 2 years)
- Joint travel insurance at same address
- One utility bill with both our names on
- Joint flight bookings (as we'd been travelling for a chunk of the time we were together)
- A letter explaining the timeline of our relationship, as we moved around A LOT!
- The official canadian form stating common law partnership, witnessed by a lawyer

This was fine. We got PR.
If you were going to send pics, just put them in the same document as the rest of your proof of common law.
Thanks so much for your reply!

vgaakash

May 2, 2019
I am just confused, I have a slightly different situation, If I apply with my common law partner in express entry, and if I am unable prove him as my partner with the evidences which we have, will my application also be rejected along with my common law sponsorship ? Please help me in this.