+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-Law Partner Sponsorship forms IMM 5669 & Police Certificates

EWLThomas

Jan 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My Canadian common-law partner is sponsoring me for PR. My application has now been linked online and I am being asked to submit form IMM5669 as well as Police Certificates.

IMM5669 is asked to be completed by "You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable)". None of my family members are accompanying me to Canada and I have no dependents - do my parents and brother need to fill this form out?

The same goes for Police Certificates. The request states: "You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older". Does this mean that I need to get police certificates for every single one of my family members as well?

All advice appreciated - thanks!

EWLThomas

Jan 13, 2017
Thanks both of you! So to clarify. Only I (The Applicant) need to fill out IMM5669 get my police check forms done. The rest of my family don't need to do anything?

C

Classic Chucks

Thanks both of you! So to clarify. Only I (The Applicant) need to fill out IMM5669 get my police check forms done. The rest of my family don't need to do anything?
Yes. Unless if you have dependents and your dependents have children, then they would need that form too.

EWLThomas

Jan 13, 2017
Thank you so much! That makes my life a whole lot easier.

Just out of interest when it states "You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older" - what/who is it referring to?

C

Classic Chucks

Thank you so much! That makes my life a whole lot easier.

Just out of interest when it states "You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older" - what/who is it referring to?
It refers to the definition provided by @canuck_in_uk above.

EWLThomas

Jan 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

Final question. Does my common-law partner (who is the sponsor) need to complete their own copy of IMM5669 as well?